U.A. Sports Festival (pt 8)

Izuku said to Shinso, "You are going to go places with that determination but you shouldn't be so quick to doubt others' strength and power." Shinso noded and Izuku was called over to the stage by an excited Midnight. As soon as he got there Midnight said "And now a few words from Izuku Midoriya, this match's winner." She pushed the microphone into Izuku's chest and ran off. She thought she had just sprung it on him but Izuku had known the plan the second he was called over due to Midnight's face. He had been making a speech for 10 seconds and he began to say it, "I am honored to be able to talk to this many people and I will take the opportunity to say a few things. 1) I want to thank the school for giving all the students the chance to show what they're made of to the scouts. I am really thankful because this Sports Festival gives people who weren't given a chance to get into the hero course that chance that they want. Like my opponent today, he was unfairly graded by the entrance exam. You see Shinso's quirk only works on humans and we had to fight robots in the exam so he was doomed from the start. This event has given him the opportunity to try his hardest to get back what was stolen from him by an unfair exam. 2) I want to say to everyone competing to try your hardest even if you think that you will lose..." Izuku used his eye power to look for Todoroki and he looked him in the eye as he said "...I hope that everyone will use 100% of their power out of respect to their opponents. And finally 3) This is to everyone watching, enjoy the show!" 

The audience clapped and Izuku walked over to where Midnight was hiding and handed her the microphone, smiling. Izuku walked back into the school and finally found his friends, Momo was the first to see him and at first she smiled but that changed. She immediately got annoyed and began to stomp towards Izuku furiously, he got nervous and tried to walk off casually as if he hadn't seen her but she wasn't going to let that happen. She reached him and grabbed his shoulder, atthis point she was emmiting a deathly aura. Izuku tried to slowly turn around to complete the cliché but instead she hit him in the back multiple times. It wasn't hard enough to hurt him but he felt the emotion behind them nonetheless. He turned around and instantly bowed, shouting sorry. The rest of class 1-A had now joined them and each gave him a kind of scoulding. It came to Kirishima and he said "Izuku that was so manly how broke free of his control, you're so strong and cool." Izuku thanked him and the rest of the class gave him a WTF face. 

Everyone had now said their share and the majority of the class had moved on. This left Momo and Izuku virtually alone. Momo asked Izuku "Why did you do it?" Izuku responded plainly "I wanted to get controlled so I'd have experience getting controlled in case it comes up when I'm a hero, I also thought that showing me breaking free would appeal to the scouts." Momo turned to him and said "Do you think that putting yourself in a position to lose will appeal to the scouts." Izuku didn't respond. This was one of the few times in Izuku's life since he got his quirk that he didn't know how to respond. The two stood there and though it was silent it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, the two of them were content to just be around each other. 

This was interupted by "Participants of match 2 please make your way to the preparation room." This was Iida's match and Izuku said "I'm going to go help Iida, bye." Momo responded, "Yeah, see you later." Izuku went to the prep room to find Iida and Mei talking. He immediately interupted the conversation as to stop Iida giving something about his plan. Iida was honest and that was good, but it occasionally reached the point where he would just tell people secrets and other things that he shouldn't say. It was because of this that Izuku interupted the conversation and stood next to Iida so he could stop him saying something to Mei. Mei saw this and decided to wrap up the conversation as it was clear she wasn't wanted. She said "Well, I hope you will use the gear, I just thought that since I was using some that I should give you some." She then left as Iida said "Thank you again" Iida was about to strap on the gear when Izuku said "No, let me look at it first."

Within a minute Izuku had listed 15 different ways to improve it but that wasn't important, what was, is what the gear would do. Izuku began to tell Iida everything about the gear, "Iida, it's function is to keep the person using it stay standing up. It uses gyroscope sensors and turns these arms and spins the prepellars to correct you to being straight up. It sounds good on paper but it means that you can never get knocked down so someone could attack you until you're knocked out and you wouldn't fall. If you use this you will get beaten to a pulp or just used as a way to show off Mei's gear. You see Mei isn't looking for a win, she is looking for the best way to sell the gear to people because she wants to become a sidekick that uses gear. A few other people that got through the first rounds from the support course in previous years did the same thing. Trust me, if you wear this you will lose."

Iida was pained to not accept the gift but after Izuku had explained it there was no way he was going to put that on. Midnight called the two of the match's fighters up and they entered the arena. Mei looked over and saw Iida not wearing the gear and cursed Izuku under her breath. Midnight announced "Let the match BEGIN!!"

Iida immediately launched at Mei and though she activated her jetpack Iida still hit her feet which sent her spiraling out of control and eventually crashing. She got up and dusted herself off and tried to activate the jetpack but it had broken in the fall and she had no other transportation gear. She looked up to see Iida moving at her at an alarming speed. She then forfeited the match saying "I'm screwed" 

Midnight then shouted "The winner is IIDA!!" she was still confused about the forfeit and it was noticeable in her voice but everything still continued. The audience were disappointed and some even booed Mei's forfeit. She didn't care and said "I still got to show off my babies in the first two rounds so I'm happy" to anyone who talked to her.

Iida walked back inside and as Izuku offered a high-five Iida took the offer but the action was rather robotic.

Click on the chain under the vote star thing (which I wouldn't mind you clicking/tapping) to get to my patreon. Just $1 a month would give me tremendous joy so please consider it.