[4]

~ ❦ ~
//𝑠𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟, 2016//

dear peter parker,

i'm exhausted of being the background character, your extra.
i'm exhausted of watching as you would look at everything around you besides me. it's like i'm nothing but thin air to you.
i simply don't seem to exist in your world.

i know your eyes are constantly distracted, always wondering. from the clock, to your work, to the teacher, to your laptop and back to the clock. this has become your repetitive routine, don't know if you've noticed. but i have.
peel your eyes away from the routine and look at me. give me a fraction of a second- a mere ounce of your time.

this way i know you've acknowledged that i actually exist.
yes, i'm that pathetic.
but the fact that i've intentionally tried to catch your eye makes me pathetic on an entirely new scale.

i've tried talking to you. you didn't notice.
how could you, when my eyes could be even meet yours and me feet chose to steer me away. every part of my logical, decision-making brain is telling me how bad of an idea it was.
and this time, i listened.

practicing in the company of my reflection was clearly unsuccessful, there was no chance of me being able to even form sentences, let alone recite them to you. if i cant even memorise lines as simple as 'hey, peter,', why do i even deserve a starring role.

being an extra in your feature film is enough for me.

pointlessly attention seeking for you,
y/n