[6]

~ ❦ ~
//𝑜𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑏𝑒𝑟, 2016//

dear peter parker,

homecoming i just around the corner, and as much as i'd love to go with you, i'll happily enjoy the view of you walking hand in hand with your date- liz. i'll be stealing glances from the snack table where i'll be eating my body weight in the shitty foods the school decided to offer, hoping that it'll be me next year.

mj and i originally planned to go together as friends but that exchange student, zac, asked her. i told her not to turn him down, not like she could, because i've seen the two flirt (even if it was extremely awkward for anyone who wasn't them)- and she hates flirting.

so either i go alone just to see you look dashing in a suit, or stay home and save myself from the heartache of seeing you with liz.

there are times when i wish you would ask me, even if it's just a fantasy. but as deep i'm tangled in your web, you are with liz.

but i'm not surprised.
she's the captain of the school's academic decathlon team, you're the jewel of the academic decathlon team.
i hate to compete, and it seems like you do too seeing that you didn't even show up.
she's the prettiest girl in school, you're the most gorgeous boy i've ever laid my eyes on.
i can barley look at myself in the mirror without finding flaws.

and you two actually speak to each other.
you two would make a better couple than we ever could.

i'm not bitter about the two of you going together. i'm congratulating you. okay, so maybe i'm a smidge jealous. it's just the fact i'm constantly giving myself false hope, which is just downright laughable.

you and me are never going to happen. never.
i need to face reality and move on.
but how can i when the one boy i need to get over is you?

sitting peacefully with minor jealousy,
y/n