chapter nine

lauren sat up in the seat she was laying on, brushing the hair that's fallen out of her ponytail out of her face. she smiled down at jack, brushing her fingers along his face, gently pressing her lips to his forehead.

jack's eyes fluttered open, smiling up at the girl in front of him. "good morning baby."

lauren smiled, cuddling into jack and kissing his neck.

"we've gotta get up, our flight landed six hours ago. we've been sleeping." perks of having a private jet is that you don't have to wake up when your flight ends.

the two made their way off the plane, grabbing their bags from the baggage handler and making their way to the car that's waiting in the lot for them.

as they made their way closer and closer to jack's parents house, lauren grew more and more anxious. she looks a mess, wearing jack's hoodie and sweatpants with a pair of slippers on. her makeup had worn off through the night and her hair is all over the place.

"babe, chill out. they're gonna love you." jack chuckled, looking over and seeing lauren's leg bouncing.

she smiled nervously, looking back out the window. as they pulled up the long driveway, lauren began freaking out once again, letting her thoughts go crazy again.

the two grabbed their bags, heading inside. lauren hid nervously behind jack. when she heard her mothers loud laugh, she instantly relaxed and began looking around for the source.

"lauren!" joan smiled, rushing over to her daughter.

"hey mom, how long have you been here?" she smiled, hugging the woman in front of her.

joan laughed, "hours sweetie! where have you two been? jack, it's so good to meet you, sweetie." she smiled, hugging the tall man standing next to her daughter.

"lauren! jack! you two made it!" katherine ran out, hugging the two. "lauren, you are so beautiful, i'm so happy to meet you!" she smiles, hugging the small girl.

"it's so great to meet you, mrs and mr gilinsky."

david and katherine had already loved lauren from the start. jack's told them all about her and they can already tell how great lauren is for him.

"you two go upstairs and get settled in while we finish dinner. together in your room jack, but no funny business. we have a full house coming for thanksgiving." katherine advised, joking around with the two.

they headed upstairs, a light smile framing lauren's face. to know that the person you love's family loves you makes the holiday all the more special.

"i'm gonna head downstairs and catch up with my family." jack kissed the top of her head.

"okay, i'm just gonna call kylie quick, freshen up a little and i'll be down." she smiled.

lauren sat down on the blue bedding, looking around to see jack's childhood displayed before her.

"kylie. jack told me he loves me." she spit out.

"what?! when?!"

"on the plane. he didn't say it to me, he thought i was sleeping." lauren sighed, grabbing a crop top and pair of leggings from her suitcase.

"girl, what?! have you said anything to him?" kylie gasped.

"nope, i don't know what to say. he's leaving for tour next month. i love him, ky, i really do. but what am i supposed to do?" she sighed, fixing her ponytail and applying some light makeup.

"laur, you cannot go through life being cautious because you're scared of what's going to happen. you love him and he loves you. what's the problem?"

"the problem is, is that i'm scared to fall in love, kylie. i don't know why, but i'm scared. i love him and i don't want to lose him. what he have is special, but madison had him for years. i can't help but feel like one day she can come swoop him away from me. i don't wanna fall in love with someone who can be whisked away from me. this is the happiest i've been since malcom. what do i do?" lauren sighed, picking at her fresh acrylics she'd just gotten.

"what you need to do is stop overthinking. jack LOVES you. he wouldn't bring you home to meet his family after a month. i've known jack and madison for the duration of their relationship and never once did he look at her the way he looks at you." kylie advised.

"how does he look at me?" lauren quizzed.

"like you are the center of his world, his moon and stars. he looks at you like you are the only woman in his life, the love of his life. his eyes sparkle when he sees you and there is not a time that your cheesy dad jokes don't bring a smile to his face. he truly, truly loves you, lauren. you need to trust that." kylie promised.

"thanks, ky, i love you." lauren smiled.