chapter eighteen

after seeing madison, lauren quickly rushed off before jack could see her.

she knew it, she knew deep down that he was hiding something from her. but why? if he didn't love her anymore, if he didn't care about her anymore he shouldn't have led her on.

she ubered back to the hotel alone, tears streaming down her face. she never thought that anything like this could happen. she felt bad for leaving cindy alone at the venue, but she couldn't stand the thought of seeing jack.

as she arrived to the hotel, she ran out of the uber and up to her room to pack her bags back up.

as lauren was doing her final sweep, cindy practically broke the door down and ran in the room.

"lauren, it's not what you think. you can't leave." she screeched, trying to rip lauren's bags out of her hands.

"it clearly is, cindy. i'm leaving. if you want to stay, be my guest. but i'm out." lauren pushed past her, running down the stairs into the lobby.

she caught a peek of jack with madison standing around him like a lost puppy, but quickly rushed off again so she can escape him as well.

usually lauren pours her heart and emotions into her music, but her mind is blank right now. she's sat in the back of an uber, once again, with tears rolling down her contoured cheeks.

lauren's playlist played through her headphones as she boarded the plane, the sad songs oddly relating to her situation.

her mind landed on jack once again, and she couldn't help but feel even more sad thinking about all of their memories together.

she wasn't sure how she could throw this away and forget about jack, but it's two weeks until she heads on tour so she's definitely convinced herself that she can distract herself.

"lauren, it's not what you think!" cindy spoke through the phone.

"i don't wanna hear it, cindy. i know what i saw. i'm landing, gotta go." and with that, she hung up.

-

"cindy, what did she say?" jack questioned.

"she said she knows what she saw, she won't listen to me. i can't blame her though, she's had the worst luck with men."

jack sighed. "i love that woman more than anything and i wish she wasn't so headstrong. i wish she would open up and realize that not everyone is against her."

"maybe it's for the best, jacky. she's leaving for tour right? maybe this is our opportunity to get back to where we were." madison smiled.

"hey madison, i say this with the upmost disrespect, shut the fuck up. i'd rather be single for the rest of my life than choose you over lauren."