Chapter One

It was finally the beginning of a new year, and Mr. and Mrs. Woods decided it might be a good idea to start fresh, which included, moving house. Jeff, who was 14 at the time, and Liu, who was 11 at the time, didn't think the idea was a very good idea, because they'd be leaving everything they once held dear behind.

Jeff especially didn't like the idea, because he couldn't think of anything positive that would come out of out going to a new school and having to make new friends. You have no idea how hard it is for a boy to make new friends, especially when you're a teenager.

As Liu and Jeff helped their mother unpack the car, Jeff stood at the end of the driveway and gazed up at their new home. Jeff's bold blue eyes scanned the entire structure, attempting to think of anything that may lift his spirits.

As Jeff stood their, he felt a hand rest on his shoulder. Jeff turned to find his brother's emerald green eyes gazing into his own. Liu smiled warmly at Jeff, he understood what Jeff was going through.

"It's alright," Liu spoke softly. "I'm sure it'll get better. Just ... be patient."

Jeff sighed and switched his gaze back to the house, then Mrs. Woods handed him a box. "Be careful with that one Jeff, it has all my good plates in it."

Jeff took the box, and God it was heavy. He slightly wheezed at the weight. "Jeez Ma, why do you need so many plates?"

As Jeff followed Liu inside, Liu chuckled as he murmured under his breath. "It's called hoarding."

Jeff snickered at Liu's comment as they walked inside and placed the boxes on their brand new dark spruce wood dinner table. Jeff sighed at the table. "They better not complain about having money problems, this table looks really expensive."

Liu gazed over his shoulder at Jeff, then looked at the table. "Yeah, that is pretty ridiculous."

"Boys," Mr. Woods spoke as he came down the stairs. Jeff and Liu both looked over at their father, who had put on a tuxedo, and was fiddling with the tie. "Where's your mother? Is the car unpacked yet?"

Mrs. Woods came inside with a large flatscreen TV in her arms. Jeff and Liu quickly jumped to help their mother move the TV. "Yes Peter," Mrs. Woods said, sounding to be somewhat annoyed at her husband. "The car is unpacked, you can go to work now."

"Work?" Liu started, furrowing his light brown brows in confusion. "I thought you said he wasn't going to work today, I remember you saying he was going to help us set up the house?"

Jeff and Liu gazed expectantly at their mother, but she didn't look up, her face remained expressionless as she tried connecting different wires into the TV. "Yes, he did say that. In fact, I remember him promising, but as usual, he's been called into work and won't be home until late tonight."

Jeff swallowed nervously, the boys didn't like it when their parents fought. Mr. Woods sighed and said nothing as he grabbed his suitcase and left the house. Mrs. Woods tried stuffing a cord into the TV, but it slipped, causing her to groan loudly in annoyance. "Fuck me!" Mrs. Woods cried out.

Jeff put a hand on his mother's arm. "Here, let me do it."

Mrs. Woods nodded in agreement, standing up and brushing herself off. She gazed around, looking for something else to do, and just as she was about to unpack the dinner plates, the doorbell rang.

She headed over to the door, taking a deep breath before opening it with a wide and happy smile on her face. "Hi, welcome to my home!" Mrs. Woods spoke.

A woman's voice came from out the front door. "Hi, it's so lovely to meet you! I'm Barbra. I live just across the road. This is my son, Bobby."

Mrs. Woods smiled in adoration at the young boy standing beside Barbra. "Awe, hello Bobby. It's very nice to meet you! I'm Margret, and my husband Peter just left. These are my boys ..."

Mrs. Woods waved Jeff and Liu over, and they both exchanged confused and anxious looks before making their way over to the door. To Jeff and Liu's surprise, Bobby was only a young boy, he looked to be only 10.

"This is my eldest son Jeff," Mrs. Woods smiled, as Jeff waved at them awkwardly. Liu then stepped forward and shook Barbra's hand. "This is my youngest son Liu. They're my perfect boys!"

Jeff and Liu smirked at that, she always did that when meeting new people, the boys assumed it was to make sure no one thought she was a bad mother.

"Awe, aren't they gorgeous!" Barbra beamed. "Well, it's so nice to meet you all. Listen, it's Bobby's birthday in a few days, and I was wondering if you'd like to come over?"

Mrs. Woods nodded. "Sure thing, tell me the date and time and we'll be right over!"

Jeff and Liu stepped away from the door so their mother could discuss the party, and they decided to just continue unpacking to not waste time. It took them a few hours to sort everything out, but once they were done, they put on a movie, sat down with their mother, and relaxed for the rest of the night.

__________________________________
So, what do you think of the first chapter? I know, it's different, it's short, and maybe a little sloppy, but I think it's fine.

VOTE if you liked it
COMMENT if you have questions or whatever.
VOTE even if it sucked. Please.