twenty-three

˚୨୧˚ ˚୨୧˚
february 14, 2020

"happy valentine's day, babe." nick imitates before puckering his lips as he invites himself into brandon's bedroom, where he typed away on his phone.

brandon gives him an odd look, "what?"

"you're probably texting that to adele right now." he teases. "you guys are my otp. that means one true pair, you know?"

"nick, it's three in the afternoon. why are you drunk?"

"i told him not to!" austin informs, walking inside. "he's all moping around cause his girl isn't taking him back."

"oh, god. he's still hung up on ariana?" brandon sighs. "dude..we went over this. she doesn't want you."

"fuck you." nick murmurs, "i come into your room to chill, and i just get attacked. i see how it is."

the two watch as nick stumbles out of the room, presumably towards his own to drown himself in his sorrows once more.

austin shakes his head, glancing at his friend. "so, did you send adele something?"

"yeah." he nods, smiling proudly. "i just hope they arrived in time. i sent them last week, but she still hasn't said anything. it feels good to do something for her, though."

"how cute." austin teases.

"i'm just relieved she didn't send me anything." he rambles. "if she did, it'll guaranteed be a hundred times better than mine. then i'll feel bad all over again."

"well—" austin had been interrupted by a ring on their doorbell.

"i'll get it!" edwin screams before hearing the front door open. "brandon! it's for you! says it's from adele."

austin and brandon exchange looks, before brandon sighs with frustration.

"are you and abel planning on a wedding anytime soon?"

"how come he's not with you? did you two not spend the day together?"

"how do you feel about his new modeling campaign?"

adele dodges each question with ease as she rushes into the lobby, sighing with relief.

she was beyond tired. it had been 11:30 pm and she couldn't wait to jump in bed after a long day of tour rehearsals.

though to her surprise, one of the employees stopped her. "ma'am, we have a package for you. would you like us to send it upstairs?"

"yes, please." she smiles politely, rushing into the elevator and feeling herself relax when the elevators door closed, free of any flashing cameras.

she'd settled into her pajamas when a knock had arrived on her door, signaling the arrival of the package she'd been informed of minutes before.

at her doorstep sat a large care basket, filled with all sorts of items, from food to skincare.

she raises her eyebrows with surprise, her heart aching as she lifts it up and onto her kitchen counter.

she'd never received anything like this from jaden, as he didn't "believe in valentine's day". and all the other boys she dated before him had never even brought the idea up.

but here sat a basket, from a boy thousands of miles away from her.

my valentine,

this is so cheesy but i still felt the need to do it. you might just be my favorite person in the world right now. i hope this made your day. remember that you matter. xo

brandon.