Chapter 3 - 𝐇𝐈𝐒

It's the next day now

Monday wasn't very good to say the least. Luckily I didn't see Leon or Jessica and her friends for the rest of the day.

Today, I will ask Mr. Devin about switching seats in Bio class and everything will be okay.

I woke up extra early today.

It's 6:30AMnow and both of my parents are still sleeping. Mom usually gets up around 7AM and dad sometime around 7:30AM.

I am laying in my bed and just staring at my ceiling.

I decided to get up since I know I will not fall asleep again.

I go straight to my bathroom and take a quick shower.

After that I brush my teeth and then my hair.

Hmm...my hair looks actually nice today. It's soft and I can smell the coconut shampoo I used.

I feel like today will be a good day. It's 6:50AM when I exit my bathroom.

Time to pick an outfit!

My mom is my fashion icon since she has really great taste for clothes. And I learned a thing or two from her.

So even though I wanted to be as invisible as possible, I don't think anyone will notice me anyway if I wear different clothes than I did last year.

I look through my closet and find a light blue sweater. Good enough.

I match it with high-waisted denim jeans and some white sneakers.

By the time I'm done with my outfit, I can hear my mom making breakfast.

I grab my bag and because I finished reading Pride and Prejudice yesterday, I take Wuthering Heights from my shelf. It's also one of my favourite books.

I hurry downstairs and on my way I bump into dad.

"Dad? Why are you up so early?" I ask surprised.

He looks at me and raises his eyebrow. "Your mother didn't tell you?"

"Didn't tell me what?" I ask, curiosity taking the best of me.

"Honey, we're leaving earlier than we thought." He replies with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"What do you mean? What happened? You were supposed to leave in 3 days."

"I know sweetie, but something came up at work. Your mom was supposed to tell you yesterday."

"Oh...No, it's okay. When are you leaving?"

"In about two hours. Do you want us to take you to school?"

"Yeah, that would be great. Thanks dad." I reply and flash him a sweet smile, trying my best to not show how sad I am.

"Of course pumpkin." He said while kissing the top of my head. "Come on, let's go eat breakfast."