7

"Wait, Can we take a break? My feet are killing me." I said, out of breath. I'm already sitting down in a huge rock that was conveniently in our path.

"Are you serious? This is the fifth break you took since we started walking!" He said exasperated. But nevertheless he also took a sit beside me.

I wiped the sweat covering my forehead with my shirt. Can't believe I agreed to this. Not only am I sweating profusely, I am tired, sore, and very very hungry.

Damn it, Corey!

Elliot scuffles through his bag and produced a handkerchief, he offered it to me. I looked at him with a blank stare.

"Don't worry, It doesn't have any snot." He said shaking the cloth to make me get it faster.

I blinked, confused. I then take the cloth and wiped it in my whole face.

"Thanks." I muttered, not really sure what to do with the used cloth.

Should I give it back to him? It's all gross now, but then he might want it back. I started to wonder what to do, all the while holding the cloth awkwardly in front of me.

"You can have it, I have a lot of those." He said, starting to stand up now. I made a face, I still wanted to rest. But I know that the faster we are, the sooner I'll get to my friends.

So I didn't say anything and also stood up.

"Sooo... What's your deal?" I said after a while of walking.

The silence is really killing me and I can feel my saliva turning sour due to the lack of use.

I glanced at Elliot waiting for his reaction. His jaw tensed slightly but then relaxes back to normal.

For awhile he didn't say anything, I was afraid that he would not answer me and then I'll look stupid.

I was about to say that it's okay if he didn't want to answer, even though it would really be a great relief for me if he at least talk to me, But then he open his mouth, and then closes it again.

He's contemplating on what to say.

I've noticed that's what he always do whenever he's about to say anything. Like he's calculating everything in his head.

"What makes you think I have a deal?" He said and glances at me for a second. I shrugged.

"You're just really really quiet for someone who doesn't have a deal." I said, looking at him for a long time, I'm studying his face.

The crease in his forehead was gone, he doesn't look like he was annoyed but he doesn't look happy either. Once again his face was like a blank canvas.

I must've been looking at his face for too long because all I remembered is that one second I was walking beside him then another second I was in the floor and everything hurts like hell.

My foot got stuck into two rocks that was beside each other, it caused me to fell down and my whole body to crash to the floor.

I lay in there for a second not moving and not saying anything. My foot hurts like a bitch that I didn't even have the time to be embarrassed.

"Shit. Are you okay?" Elliot said, crouching beside me. I looked at him. Am I okay?

"That fall looks like it hurts." He said almost smiling. He checks my foot, it doesn't look like it was broken or sprained.

"Why are you smiling asshole?" As soon as I said that his smile became wider than ever. He put my foot down and sat beside me.

"Am I? I didn't realize." He said chuckling. He shuffles through his huge bag and produced a water bottle.

"Here." He tossed me the bottle and started to drink from his own. I didn't question why he has a lot of water.

"What are you doing?" I said, for a second he looks confused. Then I gestured to him sitting then he muttered a silent 'ah'.

"Well, because of your stupidity, AGAIN. You need to rest, you can't push yourself to walk. We'll rest for a little bit." I looked at him annoyed.

How was it my fault I didn't see the rock. The asshole just kept drinking his bottle and looking around us.

Trees swaying softly.

I crossed my arms. "I didn't fell down because I'm stupid." I muttered like a child.

I hate this, he really think I'm stupid, and that's just partly true.

"No, you fell down because you were staring at me." He retorted, he looked at me with inquisition and interest.

"Why were you staring at me?" He said, his smile coming back to his face.

I felt myself blush. "I'm no--- I--- I wasn't." I said looking away, looking anywhere but him. I heard him chuckled.

"Right." he said, not really believing me. I felt myself blush even more.

I wish my foot didn't hurt anymore so I could walk away from him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Noah's random ig story: