Chapter 11: Hermione's Good News (Part 2)

A/N: here it is :) enjoy :)))

(the next chapter might take me a few days so plz be patient lol)

--

Draco leaned out of the doorway, trying, and failing, to contain his smile. "Ron!" He shouted. "Lady Hermione requests your presence!" Hermione snorted from the other room. Draco saw that Ron had stood up from the table, and returned to Hermione's side. She squealed. "Oh Draco, this is so exciting!"

Ron appeared in the doorway, cheeks flushed, Butterbeer in hand. "Yes?" he asked. Draco waved him forwards, inviting him to sit. Ron sat next to Hermione, who took his hand, staring at him lovingly. "What?" Ron chuckled nervously. "Why are you both smiling like idiots?"

Draco took a swig from his own Butterbeer, leaning against the counter. "Go on," He said, still smiling, to Hermione. "It's not my place." Hermione looked kindly at him. "I want you to tell him. You told me, so you should tell him. Go on."

"Really?" Draco asked. Hermione nodded encouragingly. Draco, realizing she was serious, cleared his throat and set down his Butterbeer. Ron looked at Hermione them with worry.

"Hermione, Draco, what's going on?" Ron asked, growing increasingly nervous. Draco couldn't help but smile.

"Ron," he began. "Hermione's pregnant."

It took Ron a second to process what had been said. "What?" he asked, looking wildly between them both. He stood quickly, knocking over his chair. "Are you?!" He asked. Hermione nodded, tearing up with emotion. "Really?! Are you really?!" Hermione nodded again, laughing despite her tears. "Yes. Ron, you're going to be a father!"

Ron whooped and shook Draco's hand with ridiculous strength before turning to Hermione. "We're having a child!" He said, incredulous. She laughed, still crying with happiness, as Ron scooped her up and she shrieked in delight. He carried her out to the yard, calling out, "Harry, mate, not to steal the spotlight, but I'm going to be a father!"

There was a buzz in response, as everyone rose to congratulate them. Ron set Hermione down carefully before kissing her deeply. Draco watched from the window, whispering a spell under his breath.

When he walked back out into the yard, he was followed by hundred of candles in the air, spelling out, "Congratulations Ron and Hermione!"