Chapter 17: Talks of the Future

A/N: idk when this turned into a luna/draco story, lol

--

Draco's smile was wiped off his face as Hermione ran out to vomit in the bathroom. Draco followed after her, holding her curly hair back as she retched. Luna arrived soon after, and squeezed in beside Draco, rubbing Hermione's back.

"What happened?" She asked Draco, taking Hermione's hair from his grasp. "We were in a Muggle store with strong perfumes. It must've upset her stomach," Draco said. Luna cooed empathetically, trying to comfort Hermione. Ron arrived soon after, and Luna and Draco edged out to give them some privacy. Since Mrs. Weasley was still shouting, Draco and Luna went upstairs, to the guest bedroom, bathing in the silence.

"Wow," Draco said, for lack of noise, "being pregnant must suck." Luna did not meet his eyes, adjusting her skirt. "Well," she said. "I think it must be quite nice. You get to raise a child with someone you love. And while it might make you feel unwell, the end result is a beautiful child and family."

Draco took Luna's hand in his, heart pounding. "Will you stay with me?" He asked her quietly. "Will you see where this goes? I... " he trailed off, unsure of what he was saying, what he even meant. Luna stared at him silently. Hey look, he thought sadly, I've ruined everything again.

"Sorry Luna, ignore me," he said, getting up to leave. "No," Luna said, grabbing his hand and locking eyes with him. "I... I feel like we go back and forth a lot and we need to figure out a lot of stuff, but... I really like you. I'm interested in seeing where this goes and it's scary but... I guess I want to be with you." She laughed. "Sorry, that sounds awful. I want to be with you, I really do." Draco laughed quietly. "No no, you're good. And I'm glad you're willing to see where this goes. If I'm completely honest, I'm a bit of a fuckup Luna. I mean... look at me. I'm a pale, ex-Death Eater." They both smiled, and Draco continued. "But... if you're willing to stay with me... I'm willing to see where this goes. This isn't a proposal, but I really want to stay with you for a long time. I've never really felt this way about anyone else, so...."

Luna took his hand other hand and squeezed it gently. "Hey, if you hadn't noticed, I'm a bit of a fuckup too. But I also really like you, and I think that there's hope for both of us, and everyone has issues that we can always work through, and I really like you as well." Draco smiled down at her. "Thank you," he said.

Draco leaned down and kissed her deeply as Luna rose on her tiptoes to meet him. Their love was strange, not really meant to be, but it was real. As Draco continued to kiss Luna, he picked her up, heart exploding as her legs squeezed around his waist. He kicked the door shut behind him and laid her down on the bed, drinking in her beautiful features.

She was underneath him, hair fanned on the bed, face flushed and eyes bright, mouth slightly parted. She was beautiful, and Draco wanted her with every part of his being.

"Are you sure this is okay?" Luna whispered. Draco chuckled softly under his breath. "Darling, I'm pretty sure Harry and Sophia have been shagging in this house for a few weeks now." Luna's response got caught in her throat as Draco once more crushed his lips to hers and they disappeared under the sheets.