Chapter 3

The bell which signaled dismissal time finally went off and I was more than happy that 1st day of school was almost over. The teacher bid us goodbye and thankfully, he didn't give us any homework. I gathered up my things and put them in my bag and left the room. I squeezed through the hallway which was crowded by students and headed to my locker. I unlocked it and transfered a few things from my bag to make it lighter. I zipped my bag closed, shut my locker and made my way outside.

When I was outside, I directly went looking for Clary or Logan, hoping I might see one of them soon. I looked to my right and saw a bunch of students chatting and talking. I looked for either one of them and then saw my brother, Connor. I went to him right away.

"Hey Con!" I called and he looked at me right away.

"What's up Air?"

"Have you seen Clary or Logan?"

"No. But I did see Jenny" he said. Hearing her name makes me want to puke.

"Con, I only asked for Clary and Logan not that- that- that girl." I said. It was obvious that I despised her.

he sighed. "I don't get why you hate her so much Blaire. I mean, she's extremely nice."

"nice?  " i spat.

"she's the exact opposite of nice Con. You don't know her like I do."

"Whatever. If I were you, I'd skedaddle because she's on her way here" he said and looked at something from behind me.

I turned around to see if she's really on her way but when I did, she's already in front of me.

speak of the devil. The queen biatch is here. I thought as I was confronted by none other than Jenny Kelsey.

"too late" Connor mumbled behind me and then chuckled. I elbowed him in the gut and he winced in pain.

"Ow" he muttered.

"Hey Blaire! Just the girl I'm looking for" Jenny said in her girliest tone.

"Hey Jen. I didn't see you coming" I said. Putting on my fakest smile.

"Ouch. Well atleast my hair's not color poop. That would make things worst "

Bitch. Making fun of each other's hair color are we?

God, she's so infuriating. I'm not being assuming here -which I'm not- but everyone here know she's referring poop color hair to me. That's what she always teased me back when we were in 5th grade and I guess she's not done yet.

"Yeah. It's a good thing you dyed your hair to the color of urine. You're more noticeable now" I said and highfived myself mentally with that awesome comeback.

It's true though. She was originally a red head and before we entered 9th grade, she dyed her hair blonde.

She gasped and looked at me with wide eyes. It was obvious that she didn't expect me to talk back to her. I always stayed quiet whenever she made fun of me and that was a long time ago.

"She's just joking." Connor interjected and put his arms around my shoulders.

"You know Blaire, Always the joker ha ha" he said trying to lighten the heavy atmosphere that surrounded me and Jenny.

"Oh ofcourse. Well i just came here to tell you that I'm inviting you to my party tonight." she said, getting back to her old, plastic mood.

" A party? on a monday?" I asked incredously.

"Yeah. It's first day of school anyway and everyone's down for it so are you coming?" she said, twirling the ends of her hair by her finger, obviously trying to flirt with Connor. Again.