Chapter 4

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" I called out.

"In the Kitchen Dear!" She called back.

I dragged myself to the kitchen feeling tired already. I think I'm going to bed soon.

As I entered the Kitchen, Mom was preparing a dish. A dish that she usually makes on special occasions. I wondered, why would she make a dish like that when there's no occasion? So I asked.

"Mom, what's the occasion?"

"Oh, Didn't the twins tell you?" She said while putting some finishing touches on the dish.

"Umm.. no?"

"Well, since you just got back from-"

"Mom! I told you that you don't have to do anything. You know how I hate getting together with many people" I complained. It was true though, I don't like getting together with plenty of people or crowds. I prefer either being with my friends or being alone. It's more comforting and... peaceful.

"Oh shush. I didn't invite many people, I just invited The Hemmingtons."

"The Hemmingtons?" I asked.

"Oh I forgot. They're our new neighbors next door. They just moved in last year, A month after you left. Well the reason why I invited them is because I want to introduce you to them. Oh Honey, You'll love them. They're so nice and their son is about the same age as you! I'm pretty sure you'll get along just fine" She chirped.

"Ugh. Mom, I just ate and I'm really tired already. Can I just go to bed?" I begged. I'm really tried and I just want the warmth of my bed to embrace me.

"No. Go to your room, freshen up and come back downstairs. You need to know them honey." She said.

I groaned and stomped my way to my room. As I entered my room, i took off my clothes and went into the shower. As soon as I'm finish, i just put on my sweatpants and a baggy tshirt which i got from Connor. Combing my hair, I hear the doorbell ring. I put down my brush, grab my flip flops and went out of my room. I sauntered downstairs and went into the dining room where I saw my parents, Connor, and The Hemmingtons chatting.

I cleared my throat to get their attention. My mom stood up and went to my side.

"Honey, this is Dawson and Amanda Hemmington, Our new neighbors."

The woman, who appeared to be in her forties, stood up with a huge grin on her face.

"You must be the famous Blaire. Oh my goodness! You are so beautiful" She said giving me a peck on the cheek and then hugged me, tight. Once she let go, his husband came up to me.

"Hi Blaire. It's good to finally meet you" he said and gave me a hug which i gladly took.

"Hello. It's great to meet you too" I smiled, overwhelmed by their greeting. They are such nice people and it's good to have a neighbor as nice as them. I can sense them as part of our family already.

"Well, Let's eat!" Mom declared and I took my seat between Mom and Connor and I was facing Aman- err.. Aunt Amanda. Colton isn't here and I think we all know where he might be.

"Amanda, is-" Just in time, the doorbell rang which interrupted what mom was about to say.

"I'll get it" I said and rushed off to the door.

As I opened the door, a guy, about my age, was standing infront of me. He looked suprised and so was I. He was the same guy I bumped into a few hours ago in school.

"You" we both said simultaneously.

"Umm. May I help you?" I asked. What could he possibly want here? What is he even doing here? Not that I dread his presence but is this a coincidence or not? So many questions, Zero answers.

"Uh- I was-"

"K! It's great that you made it! Come in, come in." Mom interjected and opened the door wide for him to enter. Umm.. do they know each other? Seems like it.

"Good Evening Aunt Belle." He said, smiling at mom upon entering the house. Aunt Belle? Why is he calling her that? What am I missing here?

"Oh! I almost forgot. K, this is my daughter Blaire. Blaire, this is Kal- er.. K. Amanda and Dawson's son." She said and smiled at the two of us. Oh, so he must be the one mom talked about a while ago.

"Oh, so you're the famous Blaire. Pleasure to meet you." He said and took his hand out for me to shake. I gawked at him. All of 'em said the line 'the famous Blaire' , did my family really talk that much about me?

"Pleasure is all mine" I replied and shook his hand.

"Well children, why don't we go back to the table and have some supper. Come on" Mom said and led us to the table. K sat beside her mom, infront of Connor while I returned to my seat.

Everyone was chatting endlessly and I can't help but feel left out. I'm just silently eating my food. My parents were talking amusingly to Aunt Amanda and Uncle Dawson while Connor was chatting with K. Speaking of K, i wonder what his real name is. Mom was about to say his full name but insetad she used his nickname. I wonder...

"K, you go to Richfield High?" Mom asked K.

"Yep. I'm a junior there" K replied.

"You and Blaire are the same! Didn't you see each other in school?" She asked.

"Uh- we actually bumped into each other a few hours ago." I said, glancing then and there at K who was looking at me.

"Oh. It must be fate" Mom chirped.

"Moooom" I said quite embarassed about what she said. We just officially met and now she's saying that we might end up together. Crazy mother, always making things up.

I glanced at K who was silently chuckling. I can't help but scowl at him. Is he enjoying this?

"Belle, give the children a break. You don't want to rush things up" Aunt Amanda winked at mom. Are they planning this up? I can't believe them!

"Oh Honey, we're just teasing. Loosen up" Mom laughed. And so did Aunt belle, Dad and Uncle Dawson. I glanced at K who was blushing. Was he affected? Well that makes two of us.

Dinner time was over and all of us were done eating. Aunt Belle offered to help Mom do the dishes while Dad and Uncle Dawson went to the Living room. I helped gather the plates and put them in the sink and so did Connor. By the time I was done, I went to our backyard. As I opened the glass door, the swimming pool came into view. I went to the mini bar near the diver's deck and poured myself a glass of juice. After I was done, I climbed up the diver's deck. It was about 4 feet tall. High enough to jump on and make a big splash in the pool. I sat on the edge and just stared out into the water. Getting lost in the calming sound of the flowing water. Putting my glass of juice aside, I laid my back on the deck and gazed at the stars in the night sky. I love staying here. Whenever I'm here, I just feel calm and at ease. Like all of my problems and hardships are long gone and forgotten in one snap of a finger. This moment right now, there's only me, the water, the stars and the dark. This is my comfort zone. As I slowly closed my eyes, I-

"Care if I join you?"

"AAAAH" I bolted right up and before I knew it, I was in contact with the cool water making a big splash. I struggled to rise to the surface but oh- i forgot to mention: I CAN'T SWIM.

As i got my head up to the surface, i kept flapping my arms like a mad bird to keep my head up and to catch some air. I kept kicking my feet but I'm still drowning.

"H-help! H-h-heeeelp!" I shouted. When I opened my mouth, water was pouring in and also in my nose. And then suddenly, i felt tired. I stopped flapping my arms and stopped kicking my feet. I stayed still and let the water take me. I can feel myself fading into darkness and before i finally closed my eyes, I saw a streak of light and a shadow of a hand trying to reach me.

--------

Well that was short aha.

Sorry for the lame writing. I'm new at this and I'm just trying things out. Hope you enjoyed :) x

-E