4) Following the breadcrumbs

When the two men entered the lab, it was one of the most surreal moments Matt had lived through. Which was saying a lot, considering he was wearing someone else's meat-suit momentarily.

Matt's attention was on both of them, his eyes flickering in between, unsure whom he should be observing first. The slightly chubby man in a beige suit and with long-ish hair must have been Foggy – Matt could immediately tell that, even when he was accustomed to see him in a completely different way.

Seeing the other man though... that was something else. If there wasn't for the glasses and cane, he wouldn't be able to recognize himself. Not thirty-year-old himself anyway. His hair had a red reflexion under the lab lights, only emphasized by the red shade of his lenses, dark stubble covering his jaw. He knew he was athletic, but seeing himself in the shirt was just different. Matt stared wordlessly, tilting his head as he was trying to connect the two pictures of himself in his mind, while Matt Murdock's hand went to scratch the back of his neck.

"Alright, now I believe you. Cap, you wouldn't allow yourself stare like that, plus that tick is definitely yours. Don't you think, Banner?"

Matt's gaze shifted back to Foggy, seeing his awe-struck expression – it was an incredible picture, seeing his friend, and he almost felt tears in his eyes. He smiled at his friend.

"Hey, Foggy."

Foggy's eyes went wide. "Oh god, Captain America knows my name! Wait, how do you know my name?!"

"We're best friends, Fog," Matt chuckled, making his way to him slowly. "Or I like to think so."

At that, captain's lips – well, Matt's body's lips anyway – curled up in a smile, the movement fascinating Matt. "Would you happen to call yourself a fruit? Hey, Tony. Bruce."

Matt snickered, ignoring the puzzled looks of everyone else, the shock all over Tony's and Bruce's faces. "Oh, so he's admitting that avocado is a fruit now?"

"Oh my god! Holy shit! You're— you're really-- and you're-"

"Yeah."

"And you're-" Foggy turned to Captain America's wearing Matt's body with an expression of pure horror and the man just smiled.

"Yeah."

"How?! Oh shit, this is awkward. I fan-boyed!"

Matt burst out laughing, shutting up when seeing Foggy's wounded glare.

Rogers' hand went approximately to Foggy's arm. "It was nice, actually. I can give you an autograph."

"Someone kill me know."

"Nah, you seem like a funny guy. Though I'm not sure I can forgive you for fan-boying over Capsicle and not me," Tony exclaimed, walking to their little group. "Nelson, I presume?"

"Holy crap, Tony Stark knows my name too!"

A satisfied smirk appeared on Tony's face, when he was addressed with proper amount amazement.

"Yes, and that's Doctor Banner right there. Thanks for bringing him here, Foggy. Uhm... Captain Rogers?" Matt shuffled towards the man occupying his body and the man in question turned to him fully. "It's nice to meet you."

The captain extended his hand to shake and Matt accepted it with a smile, only to see him grimace.

"You're crushing my hand. I mean, your hand. My hand is crushing your hand. Basically."

Matt quickly let go, realizing that when he had been aiming for a firm grip, he might have failed and had gone with a bone-crushing squeeze.

"Sorry."