8: Many Misconceptions.

Please note: Today I will be excersizing the following principle;

“What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” ~Christopher Hitchens

And I will be touching on many very sensitive subjects again, which will likely tick people off. So remember my earlier warning; if you make a comment which is overly hostile and filled with colorful language, I will delete it and not bother reading it.

5: The Bible says that you are to kill those who attempt to lead you away from God. I fully admit that right now, I am trying to undermine your faith and turn you into an atheist. Kill me. Do it. I won't even defend myself. Why aren't you?

Where does it say that? I would like an example. Until then, I am dismissing this accusation because there are no grounds for it.

However, I will tell you what the Bible actually says about those who attempt to lead us away;

A: Seperate yourself from whoever and whatever causes you to sin.

If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Matthew 5:29-30

B: God will deal severly with those who cause us to sin or fall away from Him. (Especially if it is a child who we trip up.)

...but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Matthew 18:6

6: Wars, genocide, gay bashing, honor killing, genital mutulation, forced parenting, and other real world harm results from your beliefs. That is to be fiercely challenged, not respected.

Okay, this accusation is very multi-part, so I will keep my answers as brief as possible.

1: Wars; This is a terrible necessity, as many things are, such as prison, for example. But it is necessary because people are evil, and have to be stopped. Think of WW2, when the Nazi’s were horribly torturing and killing the Jews (among others). Should we have just sat back and allowed it to continue?

No. No human with morals would say that we should not have stopped it.

The same goes for the battles of the Israelites, the ones that God condoned. They were battles to stop evil people, to reclaim what was rightfully the possesion of the Jews, and to defend themselves from danger.

If there is a particular battle which God condoned, that you believe was unnecissary and cruel, please mention it in the comments.

2: Genocide: There are few cases in the Old Testament in which God orders the Israelites to kill an entire people group, and in each of the cases which I have seen, it is said that that people group was made up of Nephilum (previously mentioned in the last chapter while discussing the flood).

Another factor here is the culture of the people groups; I’ve researched a bit about some of the groups, their customs and such, and the groups which I have looked into were big on human sacrifice.

One group, had a statue of a ‘god’ holding out his hands. These people would build a fire beneath the hands, and wait until the hands were red hot. Then they would take a newborn baby and place it in the hands, watching as the child burned to death.