Cannon Of Very Extreme Ravagement

August 8, 2042

0900 hours

"Quick!! Quick!! Deactivate the core you idiot!!!", shouted Admiral Dane Evans, the leader of the US spy/science division, EV.I.BA.W.BL.A.

"I can't!! The deactivation lever melted!!", shouted his assistant, John.

"WHAT!? We're all gonna die!!", Evans shouted.

"The thermal energy is spiking way to high!!", John shouted back.

"We need to go. Now!", Evans told him.

  EV.I.BA.W.BL.A.'s newest invention, a powerful plasma dispenser, able to be mounted on battleships. The weapon harvests thermoplasmic energy (whatever that is) and decimates anything in its path. It was the new thermoplasmic bio-nuclear cannon. Their latest flaw, the radiation. Their test failed, and even it is emitting even more radiation, quickly melting anything made of plastic, metal or glass. 

"Get into the chopper!! Now!!", yelled the pilot.

They got onto the helicopter and it started rising. They looked down seeing plasma dancing all around the metallic base.

"We're not going to make it!!!!!!", shouted John.

"We're going to make it!!", Evans shouted back.

At that exact moment, the entire base lit up with a blue glow and even more electricity bounced off of it into the sea, frying all the fish nearby.

"We're not going to make it", Evans decided.

A few seconds later, huge glowing blue cracks formed in the steel of their base and it exploded. 

The core exploded, vaporizing everything withing it's radius. The explosion equivalent of  a hundred nuclear bombs.

The sound could be heard from hundreds of miles away.

And deep beneath the sea, a group of squids, mutation from the immediate radiation.