A "great" cruise trip

August 25, 2042

9:01 PM

"The Russian Air Force has also decided to help out", said the reporter, "Right after the armies agreed to nuke it, the squid dropped into the waters of the Atlantic and went missing"

As soon as the reported said this, everyone on the cruise ship started panicking. They were an hour off the coast in the Atlantic Ocean. Jason didn't know about this yet. He was chilling next to the pool. Which was probably not the best idea at night. He was very tired and it was very warm inside the ship so he went outside. It took him approximately 3 minutes for him to fall asleep. 

A few minutes later he was wakened by the sound of screaming and the fact that he fell off his beach chair. He was startled when he started to roll to the side of the ship. When he got up, he saw a huge tentacle reaching up from the water and penetrating into the hull of the ship. There was another tentacle pulling on the top of the ship making it tilt. Another one was wrapping itself around the ship. Cracks spread across the wood on the floor of the ship. People were screaming but Jason was just freaked out. He heard multiple punctures of metal near the hull knowing the Kraken was digging into the ship. 

There were lifeboats getting lowered into the dark sea but many of them were slapped and destroyed by a tentacle.

I'm going to die", Jason told himself, "I probably should not have gone on this cruise"

He could hear more punctures and the sound of metal being bent. Eventually, there was a loud cracking sound at the bottom of the ship. He went inside the ship so that the tilt wouldn't make him fall off the boat and drown. There were many people inside and the roof was collapsing due to the squid's powerful squeeze. He was the only one not screaming. 

Then, he heard an explosion, probably one of the ship's engines but he realized the air force was here and the chance he was going to die was lowered. The entire squadron whizzed past the boat dropping bombs next to the ship assuming the Kraken was there. And it was. Multiple loud booms erupted and the shock wave shattered the glass that was still alive. Some of the tentacles let go and the ship stopped tilting. It untilted so fast Jason was almost thrown out of the boat and food was thrown in the air. 

"Turn!!! Turn!! 5 o'clock!", shouted Bawb, "We need to get this thing before the ship sinks!!"

Somehow, Bawb managed to get rescued and get squadron leader. He had the most complex jet with missiles bombs and a tactical nuke. 

They were turning around for a second attack when a tentacle whipped up from the sea and destroyed one of the jets.

"Noo!!", Bawb yelled, "Get ready for second attack"

Jason was wondering if they would win before the ship sank. The jets launched heat seeking missiles and dropped bombs on the thing but it seems like it doesn't do much. All of a sudden a huge explosion erupted from the sea and the monster wasn't heard from. Everyone cheered but Jason found it suspicious. Everyone stopped cheering when they saw the giant squid rise behind the ship. Water tripping from it's huge tentacles. The tentacles whipped at the jets. 4 of them exploded and 3 of them fell and hit the boat. Bawb and another pilot were the only ones remaining. It was almost too late when Jason saw one of the fallen planes hit the ship right next to him.

The plane didn't explode. The pilot was probably dead due to all the blood on the window of the jet. There was oil leaking from the plane and the missile was in the wooden ground. It was then when Jason decided that it was a good idea to run. As he ran, the 2 remaining fighters blasted away at the Kraken. Sparks fell and when they did, it lit the leaking plane fuel.

The explosion was loud and it created a huge divot on the deck of the ship. Then the other ones exploded causing the engine to explode. The worst part: the ship split in half making it sink  faster.

3:27 AM

Bawb had to do a spin to dodge the tentacles. They were so big and fast and there were so many it was very difficult. He was thinking about the previous time this happened and how he nuked the squid. While he was busy with this thought, the squid slapped the engine and it exploded in fire. The plane crashed down onto the deck of the sinking ship. Bawb tried to restart the plane but the engine was destroyed meaning if he was going to nuke it, he would have to do it manually.

As Bawb ejected the seat out of the plane to get the suitcase, he saw the flames at the back of the plane making its way toward the front. He grabbed the suitcase, a small portable nuclear device. He heard scraping. Scraping of metal and wood. He realized his plane was sliding toward the edge. He quickly got out, a small flame on his shirt but he didn't notice. He waved at the squid, hoping to get it's attention, hoping to get a free ride to the mouth. Bawb decided to activate the bomb because the timer is way too long. He pulled the lever and pressed the red button. The timer on the bomb showed 10 minutes. At the same time, a tentacle reached for him hoping to crush him but he hooked on and started climbing.

Climbing a giant tentacle is very tiring especially when it is trying to shake you off. Mid-way Bawb was checking the timer. It showed 6 minutes, 17 seconds. Then, he dropped it. The bomb fell but Bawb grabbed it by 2 fingers and he was holding onto a huge suction cup. He eventually threw it upwards and caught it and got back up but it took over 2 minutes. He realized he had to climb faster since there was around 4 minutes until the bomb exploded. He remembered a faint memory of a movie where a man was very tired but the motivation of saving the world overpowered it.

He sped up not bothering to check the timer knowing he had barely any time left. He climbed and climbed until he reached the beak. It was up to right now when it occurred to him how to get inside.

"I can do this", he told himself confidently.

He grabbed the bomb by the case so the handle was exposed. He jumped and successfully hooked the handle onto one of the teeth. Then, he swung upwards right into the mouth of the squid. He looked around. It was all pink and it smelled disgusting. He traveled upward even more thinking that's where the brain will be. Soon, he found the brain. He opened the case and saw his fate.

3 seconds...

2 seconds...

1 second...

The case felt very warm for a second and then everything was gone...