Author's Note

PLEASE READ, IMPORTANT!

Hi!

Welcome to my story, please remember to vote and comment! 

I'm too awkward to write author's notes on every chapter, plus, limited screen space people! So I'm only going to do this one at the start of the book, and then I'll do one at the end, so if you have any questions, just ask and all shall be revealed then!

Please do not read this story if you are under 18. This is for mature audiences.

I am not afraid of criticism, if you feel like you would have done something differently, then say it! There's nothing better than being inspired from one scene in someone else's story that you don't agree with. This is also unedited, so I apologise for any mistakes. If you want to point them out, feel free, and I'll fix them.

This book is set in America, and I'm not from there. I know we spell some words differently, and have different sayings. I tried to make it as real as possible, but I've only visited New York one time, so it's hard to know what's actually American. If you think something should be said differently, or don't know what anything is, please just tell me or ask.

I am not, in any way, promoting drug or alcohol abuse. I don't want any of you to read this and think it's cool to get out of your face drunk in a club, or taking drugs in bathrooms. Fuck no. But I have worked in the hospitality industry myself for the past seven years. My dad's always worked in it, so I was kind of brought up around that. Personally, I think it's made me a stronger person, but I would be lying if I said the lifestyle was healthy.

So; you don't have to do drugs, even though these guys do!

The songs in every chapter weren't planned, but I had fun fitting them in and choosing the songs, so I decided to keep them. Plus, they're fun chapter names. They don't always have a correlation to the chapter, they're just fun. I'll post the complete list with artists at the end. If you've never heard of any of them, I suggest you listen to them, because they are all amazing.

I'll put a picture of each character at the start of the first few chapters. This first one is Jayden, then Brooklyn, then Rex, then Ramos (who's tattoos would be more gang-related, but what a beautiful picture), then Grego, then Ms Lucy. You don't know these people yet, but you will. I don't own any of those images.

I've always written stories with the submissive female and the strong man, because it was hot and I enjoyed writing it. I'm submissive at heart. But I realised that I wasn't being true to myself, and that it's time that fictional women grew some damn balls! (Not all of them, no hate, but you know what I mean). I want a woman who's not scared to work 16 hour shifts, or build her own damn wardrobe. I do that! I want a story that writes about women having one night stands and not being shamed for it. I want someone who's strong, but comfortable enough to be vulnerable with him.

My view in life is; 'if it's not your life, it's not your business'. All this judgement bullshit is just that; bullshit. I refuse to live in a world where I treat two humans differently because of a difference that's not within their control.  I am a feminist, but I feel the word has been sabotaged lately by extremists (as within all organised groups). I don't hate men, I don't think I'm better than them. I want equality for everyone, not superiority.

But hey, I love a good love story! And there is nothing wrong for strong men or women to like to feel submissive. Personally, I find that even hotter. 

This story is told from alternative perspectives. First Brooklyn, then Jayden. Wasn't meant to happen either, but I found it gave me a much better understanding of the characters.

I'm not finished the story yet, it is ongoing, but hopefully you like what I have.

So, without further ado, let's begin!