Don't Stop Believing

Chapter Six

Don't Stop Believing

I couldn't sleep as I watched her slip into unconsciousness. After going back downstairs, Ramos told me he'd found Harvey crumpled in the bathroom, and I realised it hadn't been her totally running away from me.

I'd kicked shit out of that fucker for thinking he could touch her, and Ramos was driving to dump him in the middle of nowhere. I knew she wouldn't want me to kill him, so I figure that's close enough. Fucking asshole.

She was peaceful as she slept, no pretences or smart mouth, just relaxed. When I saw the back of her running through that door, I flipped my shit... And the table.

Was she a murderer?

It was almost impossible to imagine, this peaceful angel sleeping next to me, but if my job had taught me anything, it was that people didn't really know people.

I get up, heading into the dressing room, and checking her sizes. Fuck sake, if she wouldn't shop I would have it done. And if she didn't like it, then she should have picked herself.

I text the sizes to my cousin, Amelia, who was a personal shopper. She was one of the few people I still spoke to on that side of the family. 

The only thing I chose online for Brooklyn myself was the underwear, and I had fun doing it. I order them to be delivered to the next place we're going. Tomorrow we're moving to one of Ramos' ranches, due to complications with Harvey. It's remote too, but it was more homely. I hoped she liked it more than here.

She's gonna hate you as long as you keep lying to her.

I knew I had to tell her the truth about her kidnapping, that she was really meant to be dead. But I knew she wouldn't tell me, she'd want to fix it herself, and the thought nearly killed me. She couldn't get close to someone who wanted to kill her. Over my dead fucking body.

"Jayden," she breathes, and my eyes snap to her.

She's still sleeping, with a small smile on her face. Fuck, she's dreaming about me. She moans quietly, and I feel myself harden at the sound. Oh god, I don't know if I can do this.

"Ahh, fuck,"

Her voice is breathy, higher than usual, and her breathing is laboured. Her hips shift, and my erection is going nowhere, mesmerised by her, literally even when she's not trying.

"Please, Jayden. Harder," she pleads, and I nearly take her right fucking there.

God this girl.

"Yes, yes!"

I can tell that she cums by her breathing and the way her body moves. I don't even realise I'm holding my own breath. Fuck yes.

Slowly, her eyes blink open and she focusses on me.

"Oh, hey," she blushes, shy smile on her face. She has no idea I know all about her dirty dream. I can't stop myself holding her hands above her head and my face above hers, my legs straddling her. I don't think I could ever have my fill of her.

"Hi," I smirk, "How are you feeling?"

"Good," she smiles.

"Yeah, have any good dreams?"

Her face heats up as she realises I know. I wiggle my eyebrows at her.

"For the record, sweetheart," I say, leaning closer to her ear, "You have never, and will never need to, ask me to go harder,"