Ace Spade

She moved through the halls, her shoes in one hand and her bag in the other. Portraits hung on the walls, all of them gathering dust. Her uniform was almost completed, all that was left was for her was to do her tie. The young females thoughts drifted to memories of her mother helping her younger, more niave self with her uniform.

"And there. Now you are ready, my lucky Ace." Her mother would say every morning before school.

Smiling softly at the memories, she entered the dinning room. Her father was sitting at the head of the table, some of his men stood along the walls, acting stoic and holding their guns tightly to their bodies.

"Good morning, father." Ace said, kissing her father's head. Before taking her seat.

"Good morning, young one. I hope you slept well." He barely glanced up from his paper.

She nodded, reaching for her juice, "yes of course. Anything big happening that I should know about?" She gestured to the paper.

Chuckling, her father closed the paper, folding it and setting it down. "If there was, I would let you know. Anything at school I should worry about?"

Shaking her head, "No, everything is fine."

Everyone in the city, all the gang kids, the kids of the police and the citizens kids all went to the same high school. And everyone stayed in their own groups. The Spades and hearts stayed together for the most part; the diamonds and clubs stayed together; and the police kids did their best to protect everyone else from these troubled teens.

For the rest of the meal, they were silent. She slipped on her heels, fixed her tie, and grabbed her bag from her chair, standing up.

"Good bye father, see you tonight." She kissed his head and heades out to the car. The driver held the door open for her and she slipped in without a word. As they drove, it began to rain on this city.

;;THIS WAS LONG OVER DUE
I AM SO SORRY
I AM LIKE 3 WEEKS FROM GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL AND I AM SO HAPPY
Vote and Comment lovessss