3. The Princess is Exposed.

A few days later, the dorm of the Black Dogs became chaotic. The sun has just risen but Inuzuka Romio has already started giving a speech about how they would beat the White Cats in the midterm exams.

Juliet Persia had become Julio, her alternate identity as a Black Dog student with short brown hair (a wig) and Romio's middle school clothes. She had come over when Romio called her for something important and ended up being a part of the study group organised by Hasuki and her friends.

Meanwhile, Yukikaze, who was exempted from the study group due to his good grades, wanders around the campus to find a quiet place to eat and sleep. The dorms had become noisy and he is currently in desperate need of a quiet haven.

Suddenly, the infirmary seems like a nice option and he heads over with a backpack full of snacks.

He was close to one of the doctors whom he had known since childhood and so, the doors open for him and he is led to a room to rest. A large room with beds divided by curtains and coffee tables near every bed. He walks to the last bed at the farthest end of the room and settles there comfortably.

Yukikaze is comfortably perched  on the bed and he opens his bag to take out a packet of choco treats. As he is about to start eating them, he notices a presence outside the nearby window. Yukikaze looks at the window and sees the princess of the West wearing an annoyed look.

He looks at her as she looks at him and her frown deepens. He wonders whether she's the type to be grumpy when hungry and cones to the conclusion that she is. He stands up and approaches her much to her surprise. The prince extends his hand with choco treats, but the princess gets annoyed and turns her face away.

Yukikaze doesn't understand the reason for her behaviour and decides to mind his own business. Once again, he makes himself comfortable before starting to eat while reading a novel he brought.

"What's your problem?" She finally bursts. Chartreux jumps inside the window and lands near his bed. He notes that she is completely neat and tidy and resumes reading his novel while snacking on the treats.

"What do you want from me?" She huffs again.

"I have what I want. I don't need anything from you." He shows her his packet of snacks as he replies before resuming his novel.

"That's not what I meant. Why are you so... Ugh!" She growls and stomps around near his bed.

Yukikaze sighs and closes his novel, knowing that the female before him won't give him any peace to read for a while. He continues to eat because his intuition tells him that she will at least be amusing for the time she's here.

"Why did you fix my hair that day?" She asks and clutches the footboard of his bed.

"You caught my jacket." He calmly states.

"That was an accident." She retorts hotly. Chartreux fumes with rage and embarrassment.

"Your actions were helpful and I don't like being indebted." His composure is maintained and he doesn't see any reason why he should let his emotions control himself.

"How can you even say that? I'm a White Cat and you're a Black Dog." Again with the nonsense, he wonders when she gives such a reply.

"Why does it matter now? It's already been weeks." Now he is annoyed. It's been more than half a century and the Black Dogs and the White Cats in Dahlia Island still treat each other as enemies.

"Because we're enemies." Chartreux sighs and sits on the nearby bed. She cannot believe that this boy in front of her was unable to understand that much despite being a student of this academy.