Muggle

"She's a witch

"She's a witch...and so are you?" Emma mumbles as she stares at the red haired woman in front of her.

Molly just nods, watching the girl grow even paler then her already pallid skin tone. She grips the girl's hand in her own as she tries to reassure the girl.

"I know this is insane circumstances, that you hardly know me, and it can be hard to trust my words. But Evelyn is a witch, and is an awfully gifted one if she is able to change the color of a stuffed animal as a baby." Molly smiles gently as Emma looked at her with wild green eyes.

"How...how is this possible?" Emma questions quietly as she looks down at the young girl in her lap. Who is at the moment, resting against her aunt with her new stuffed toy gripped tightly in her small arms.

Molly smiles as she watches the endearing display and takes a small sip of her now like warm tea. Placing it back down onto the saucer, she points her wand at it as she silently casts a charm to warm her tea. Looking back up to Emma, she notices that the color had somewhat returned to the girls cheeks. Her once wild green eyes have returned to a quiet curiosity and concern.

"Do you know if someone in your family had peculiar powers? Or that of the girl's father's side?" Molly inquires.

Emma thinks back to her limited knowledge of her family, "not that I know of from my side and her father..." she trails off as she thinks of the man her sister had madly fallen in love, but never revealed who he was nor had he ever shown since her niece's birth. "I don't know much of. My sister never told me much about him."

Molly looks surprised as she looks from the little girl to Emma after realizing the meaning in Emma's words, "You and your sister must look awfully alike, I thought she was your daughter."

Emma swallows painfully at that,"suppose you could say that, we were twins after all..."

Molly catches onto her strange wording and cocks her head as a sudden tension enters the warm kitchen.

"Were?" Her question lingers in the air. Steeping the air in tension, sadness, and melancholy.

Emma sighs, as her free hand begins to play with the curly ends of Evelyn's aubrun hair that had began to grow longer but was still silky that babies have. "I lost her...nearly a year ago. She...died-"her breath hitches lightly. "Giving birth to Evelyn."

Molly eyes instantly sadden, not only for the girls loss but the reminder that she is also coming up to an important anniversary of a loved one. Tugging the girls hand lightly, her sad green eyes shift from the floor to Molly who had a look a grief she knew well. For it was the same look that was found in her eyes every time she looked in the mirror.

"I understand. Truly, my son...he passed nearly a year ago as well."

Emma was surprised to say the least. She wanted to ask her so many things in that moment. How she can still be so kind. How does she deal with the twisting pain every day. How she can help a near complete stranger. How did she get up every day.

But nothing crossed her lips. Instead they trembled and a stinging sensation filled her eyes. Nothing could cross her lips, so all she could do was return the squeeze that Molly gave her.

And so, they sat in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence. They were both people grieving over lost ones. They both were filled with a nearly impossible pain, that can go from like a knife twisting their hearts. To a tickle in their throats that had their breaths hitching. A pain they both silently understood, and so they sat there in silence. A comrade type of silence.

Eventually the ticking of the clock had both eyes flicking to the time. Emma realized it was nearly lunch, and time for Evelyn's midday nap.

Molly seems to catch on, and let's go of her hand. Standing up, she dusts off her apron. Smiling warmly, she holds a hand out to Emma.

"Well, it is getting quite late in the day. I'm assuming miss Evelyn here needs a nap."

Emma smiles and takes her hand, holding the now sleeping little girl. "Right you are. I need to get some work done as well."

"Well, I would like it if you can come over and meet the family when they are all here. Tell you what, we are having a family dinner here tomorrow evening. Why don't you come on by and we can talk more about Evelyn's future." Once again, Molly's warm smile soothes Emma's rising fear and anxiety.

Perhaps it's the fact that it's been ages since she had a conversation with another who wasn't judging her. Perhaps, it was the feeling of having someone around to speak to that had Emma responding quickly. Perhaps even, it was the small voice encouraging her to live once again. To be happy, just like what her sister wanted.

"I would be happy to join you."

...

Another day passed by in the wink of an eye for George Weasley. Another day spent in a confusing swirl of dull color and barely remembered conversations. All he can feel is the overbearing, acting as a constant shadow chasing his feet, was the consuming loss.

His brothers all try to be there, but no one can fill the spot where his other half occupied since they were in the womb. Ron came by on his way home from training to remind him it would be Sunday tomorrow. The one day the shop was closed, so he can attend the weekly Weasley dinner. He recieved a letter from his mum that told him to come earlier than usual. She explained she had something she needed him to do for her beforehand. The details were vague but he knew he didn't have a reason to not do what she needed either despite how much he wanted to avoid it.

He loved his family, but being around them just further reminded him that he was missing something. That when they looked at him, they were looking for his other half. He knew they meant well but the pain was too much at times, seeing in their eyes the lingering sadness.

He also knew they wanted to help him move on. But he felt guilt, guilt at the smallest idea that maybe it was time he tried to smile again. Guilt that it was time he sat down and tried to work on new products for the shop. Guilt at spotting a cute girl on the street that he wanted to talk to.

He knew Fred would be okay for him to move on. He knew it because that was what he would have wanted if he was the one who died that day.

But that's the thing about it all. Guilt, grief, loss. It was hard to escape the darkness that held him back, kept him in the darkness. What he wanted was to escape it, even if it was a life of grey. He wanted out of the darkness but there was no one there to help pull him out.

1241 words.

Author: so? Thoughts? Are we curious what will go down next chapter? What does Molly want George to do?

Don't forget to:

-vote!

-comment!

-add!

-follow me!