Chapter 33

Chapter 33

TOBIAS POV

I wake up with Tris sleeping soundly in my arms. I smile down at her. How did I get so lucky?

I don't deserve her but I'm selfish, especially when it comes to her.

She looks so beautiful when she sleeps, with her hair sprawled out ion the pillow and her lips parted slightly and her eyes resting easy.

When she's asleep she looks her age, like she is some carefree 18 year old girl. Not at all showing all she's been through.

I used to think living with Marcus was bad, but for two years she was by herself and being tortured for the heck of it. How a person could do that to a girl like her I don't know.

I wonder if they somehow found pleasure in breaking a strong spirit.

My father beat me because I wasn't ever selfless enough.

They beat her and tortured her for fun, revenge. That has to be worse.

But even when she is awake she doesn't show that pain. Her eyes more alive and brighter every time she opens her eyes.

She is so strong, stronger then me.

She shifts a little and her eyes flutter a bit before she opens them.

"Hi" she says groggily

"Hi" I return

"I don't want to get up" she complains and I laugh.

"I'm not protesting to that" mumble as I kiss her head. "We have no set time for our arrival at your parents" i say "and we have the day off, we can take our time"

She smiles and closes her eyes "sounds nice" she says bringing herself closer to me. I wrap my arms tightly around her waist and burry my face in her hair.

"I love you so much Tris, each day I think 'it's Impossible to love this girl more than I already do' but each day I'm proven wrong." I say and pause for a minute "and I thought I loved you on that train" I say and shake my head "nothing compared to how I feel now, that was just the beginning"

I hear her sniff she's crying, did I do something wrong? I pull back and look at her and wipe a stray tear away with my thumb. "You okay?" I ask concerned

"So much better then okay" she says and then kisses me with so much love and passion.

After we pull back she hugs me tightly "I love you Tobias, more then anyone in the world" she says her hot breath sliding across the back of my neck as she talks.

"Promise?" I ask and she laughs and nods "Forever" she says

After staying like that for a bit she says "I know this song"

"Yeah?" I ask

"It's called 'I thought I loved you then'" she says and I laugh.

"That should be our song" I mumble against her neck.

"It should" she whispers.

-page break-

We are on the train headed to abnegation. Tris seems nervous, to be fair her dad didn't like me very much the last time I saw him. And we still have to tell her brother...... Maybe we should just send him an invitation. That would be easier.

I put my hand on her knee and she looks at me and smiles then put her hand over mine. And the she rests her head on my shoulder and closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

"I'm so different" she says "I didn't talk to them much on the way here... I just." She sighs

"Not sure what to expect from them, they want me to be that little abnegation girl. They don't know what I have been through, how I changed, how you changed me for the better." She says and I say nothing sensing that she isn't done.