Let's Talk About Hitsugi No Chaika

Let's talk about Hitsugi no Chaika:
the most complete fantasy anime I've ever seen

My first exposure to anime was when I watched Naruto and Bleach with my siblings at the age of six but it wasn't until 2013 when I fully got invested in anime as a medium. 2013 and 2014 were the most prime years of anime for me, with newly aired shows like Attack on Titan, Gargantia the Verdurous Planet, Danganronpa and Terror in resonance getting me hooked into watching ongoing animes and also discovering animes from previous years like A Certain Magical Index and SAO.

I was addicted to watching any kind of show that I was interested in and I would binge through them as if time had no effect on me. There have been a lot of fantasy animes that I have watched and many of those animes have felt like the writers expanded the story too much which often left with the anime getting either 1 or 2 seasons before being incomplete or having a rushed ending. Among these fantasy shows, there was ONE which, in my opinion, felt the most complete to me as a story and as a world and that anime is Hitsugi no Chaika or Chaika the Corpse Princess in English. 

I honestly cannot think of any other fantasy show which never wasted my time with filler or unnecessary padding just to extend the watch time. It's the most concise, original and most complete fantasy anime I've ever seen and I consider it one of the best animes I've watched. 

So let's start from the beginning, What exactly is Hitsugi No Chaika and what is it about?

Hitsugi no Chaika is a Light Novel adaptation of the same name and is animated and produced by Studio Bones.
The anime has two seasons and OVA, the first season being 12 episodes while the second is only 10 episodes.
The show aired both of its seasons in 2014.

Summary: 

For 500 hundred years, there was a ruler known as the Taboo Emperor Arthur Gaz, a powerful being who ruled the Gaz Empire with an iron fist and held ancient technology which was ahead of its time. The Emperor was finally defeated at the hands of the Eight Heroes which ended the 300-year long war between the Gaz Empire and the Six Allied Nations.

The story takes place 5 years after Emperor Gaz's defeat. Toru Acura is a former Saboteur, a special combatant soldier meant to fight in the 300-year war, who has long since been jobless as he simply cannot find any job that allows him to utilize his fighting talents. He is able to get a simple living thanks to his sister Akari (Also a Saboteur) working to pay for both of their living.

While searching for food in the forest, Toru meets up with a strange white-haired girl carrying a coffin on her back, she introduces herself as Chaika Trabant and is looking for the missing pieces of her dead father in order to give him a proper b...

While searching for food in the forest, Toru meets up with a strange white-haired girl carrying a coffin on her back, she introduces herself as Chaika Trabant and is looking for the missing pieces of her dead father in order to give him a proper burial. Chaika is willing to pay Toru and Akari any amount of money to help her find her fathers missing pieces and the Saboteur sibling take the offer to help her out.