Part 1

Chapter One

My heart pounded as I flew over to the restaurant that I was invited to. For heaven's sake! How could I run into burning buildings and get shot at, but I fear a little public attention? At least flying is calming me down a bit. I let the wind caress my bare arms and slid under my gown. I quickly thought of something else besides feeling naked flying above the city street. Because thats exactly what the wind was making me think at that particular moment.

My gown was a simple empire waisted silk charmeuse gown with three tiny pleats in ice blue. The dress was also a bais cut so it would form fit to my hourglass shaped body. It was backless of course to accomedate my beautiful white wings. The light color of the dress darkened the color of my skin and matched my eyes perfectly. There was a tiny train that flowed magnificently behind me as I flew. A delicate strap wrapped around my neck and down to my sides ending at the bottom of the top of the back of my gown. A few rhimestones decorated the strap like little tiny silver stars. My shoes were a strapy silver and gold combo stilletto heels with two tiny silvery blue rhimestones on the strap across my toes.

My hair has always been a pain to do something with. Having hair that went nearly to the floor can be hard and a pain to style, especially when nothing can cut it. Glad I had a friend that knew my secret to style it. It was what he did after all, he's a hairstylist. Tonight he pulled my hair back into a ponytail, all but two small strands above the corners of my eyes. First he braided my ponytail all the way down, and added it with an ice blue tiny ribbon to the end in a small bow. Then he braided the two small strands separately. Lastly, he crossed them in front of my forehead around to the back of my head, and then bounded them to the ponytail with another ice blue ribbon, criscrossing the ribbon down my big braid a couple of inches to help hide the ends of the small braids.

The outfit and hair style made me feel like the modern day angel which is what everyone thinks of me right now. Even all the bad guys are afraid to do anything because I protect the city. It was not always so when they first saw me. They wanted to try everything to hurt me or kill me. At least it only took them six months to see how futile it was. I am practically immortal like a real angel.

I glided down to the sidewalk near a huge crowd near the restaurant gracefully as lights started to flash all round me. Photographers are so annoying especially to someone who was as allusive as someone like me. Thankfully the lights don't affect me so much. I have learned to ignore that particular pain. I tightened up my wings behind me when I had both my feet on the ground, and walked letting my silk gown grace around me. Silk was always wonderful on my skin when I could ever afford it. I walked with my head held high as I was starting to panic because of all the attention. Why the hell did I come here? Then I remembered why and smiled briefly.

The police were out controlling the crowd that had formed because of my appearance. Well, they did not know I would actually come. They all appreciated what I did and continue to do for the city. I would help them whenever I could throughout the city. They shifted the crowd away, giving an entrance for me to the front of the restaurant. As I passed each of them, they saluted me. I grinned and nodded to them in turn. They deserved to be thanked and acknowlegded, especially with this crowd.

After I passed through the opening in the crowd, I saw the man who changed everything for me, Darien Price. He stood staring at me from the front of the restaurant. His green eyes moved up and down my appearance taking in how I looked tonight. I laughed when I saw his outfit complimented mine perfectly. A nice silver grey suit. His short brown business-like hair style fit him very well. He was the CEO of a fortune five hundred company after all. He is so handsome and in his late twenties just like I am. And for some reason he has made it his mission to do things for me. To help me in anyway possible. Most of the time he has been going out of his way for me which I cannot explain. The way he does it is so flattering.