Part 8

Chapter Eight

The night I finally escaped was a night of near hell for me. I finished training and Dr. Bascté's examine and started to fall to sleep. I was startled awake when I felt hands yank my arms and legs then whoever it was bound me. I looked and only saw three figures covered head to toe in black attire. One removed their hood and it was Karl. He stood at the end of my bed. He smiled wickedly as he walked around the side of my bed. He traced a hand up my legs, up my stomach, and up my chest.

~

"My dear Bast. I need to teach you a lesson for what you did in training today. No one defeats me and that don't suffer the consequences." He leaned forward and stared into my eyes. "We're going to rape you all night! I get the pleasure of going first." His hand went to my top and he ripped the material away. One of his companions had gagged me so I could not scream out. "So perfect aren't you?" He trailed his hand roughly around my breast. Pulling and pressing.

Each of his comrades trailed their hands down my legs and my lounge pants were being cut away. His friends had sharp nails like me. Karl climbed onto the bed and ripped the lounge pants off of me. He placed a hand on my underwear and torn those off my body. He smiled as I thrashed against my bindings.

He shoved two fingers into me making me scream out. Then something in me clicked. Almost like a switch being flipped. My shoulders flexed. My nails grew and folded down to the rope they decided to use to bind me to my bed. I just flicked and the ropes were gone. I sat straight up and punched Karl square in the chest.

I moved quickly now and as his friends tried to restrain me, I was unbound and off my bed. I picked up my robe and put it on me in one swift movement. Again they tried to restrain me, but I was moving as fast as my instincts were going. I slammed them against the walls and ripped out of my room.

Dr. Bascté must have heard the commotion because he was running to me. "What happened?"

"Karl and a few of his buddies thought they could rape me." Fury shot through the good doctor's eyes. The eyes of a father. The eyes of a guardian over a woman. Someone grabbed me and tossed me down the hall to the elevators. I looked up as Dr. Bascté starts to yell at Karl.

Karl turns. "You have no right to order me around." Then Karl sank his fangs into Dr. Bascté as I saw the look of terror in his face. I turn and went into the waiting elevator. I pushed for the roof and the doors close before Karl could get in. As soon as the doors opened, I headed to the stairs and wrenched the doors open. I didn't stop. I didn't slow down. I knew I had to get out of here. The only one I was staying for was dead. He was my father. That was how I thought of him. How I saw him.

On the roof I ran and jumped immediately. Guards fired, but I knew that it would do nothing to me. I was free. I let the wind carry me away from my nightmare. The place of pain and subjugation. The place were I was reborn and where the good doctor had died.

I flew till I could fly no more. My wings drooped and I fell after an hour in the sky. I didn't know where I was or what would become of me. All I knew was that I was tired. My sleep was interrupted too early and I had worked very hard that day in training.

~

The ground hit me hard, but I wasn't hurt. Nothing fast or seemed to go fast could penetrate my skin. My body moved without me thinking about it. I felt a step when my body finally collapsed all the way. I heard a door open and a gasp before hands were on me and I went unconscious.

I came around to hearing voices. Hushed voice muffled by something. "You must promise to keep this a secret to protect her."

"I am a doctor. Anything to do with a patient is confidential. You know me Pastor Jeremy. You know I will protect the secret of another if it doesn't interfere with their life and health."