Act 32: Trapped

[Two Days Later...]

"We're almost there," Mirai whispered, hiding on a shady tree. "Feel anything?" she whispered to herself, or to be exact Shiroi, before getting off of the tree. With Shiroi as her guide, she slowly walked forward, passing through thick bushes before she found a weird dark entrance towards underground.

"Huh?" Slowly she walked towards the dark entrance, before she stopped as she just stepped in. She looked around and continued to walk down the candle-lit hallway. "This place looks familiar... Are you sure?"

The wolf kept her pace slow, trying to sense the chakra in the dense air. As they went deeper and deeper into the dark place, her speed started to increase. "Wait a minute." She started to run down the hallway as her mind started to flashback some of her memories. "Oh my god, Shiroi we have to be quick! I've been in this place before!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Seiichi! You should've told us about this!" Shizune raged, as she continued to jump from one tree to another. "You knew about it and how dangerous it is for her to go alone, yet you hid it from us!"

"I've told you, I've just noticed it too!" Seiichi defended himself, as he followed her up with the others. "You should've thank me that I've sensed something weird with her."

"Thank god we've already started pursuing her after that night." After Shizune said that, he looked around and glanced at each person that had came along to bring back Mirai. "Neji, her position?"

"Negative," the Hyuuga said, with his Byakugan activated while in their planned formation. "I haven't detected anything yet."

"Hmph. That noisy aunt is really troublesome," Shikamaru interrupted. "Can't she just stay on the bed? It's not like Shiruma-san is a normal villager, he's an ANBU."

"It's her father that she's going to save. Anyone would do the same thing like her if their father had went gone, just like that after going on a mission that has any connections with a S-rank criminal. Wouldn't you?" Yamato explained, without decreasing his pace with the others.

"And you," Shizune suddenly called out to her left, and sighed. "Kakashi-san, you should've stay! What if Hokage-sama found out that you're not in the hospital?"

"I'll get better if I'm going out for a walk," Kakashi simply stated, without even took a glance at Shizune.

"Since when your perspective about healing had changed?"

"Since I am going out now," Kakashi chuckled, as he shook his head when his mind suddenly reminded of Mirai.

"Huh... Because of you, your other should-be-in-bed student has completed your Team 7," Shizune said, before glancing behind her.

"Naruto, tell us if you're feeling unwell. We can stop to let you rest-"

"I'm totally fine!" Naruto snapped, cutting Sakura's words off as he kept moving. "There's no way that I'm going to just sit back and watch you guys working your sweats off to save Mirai-neechan."

Back to Seiichi, he looked down and sighed. "Shizune-san, what kind of criminal is the one that Shiruma-san was after?" he asked as he glanced at Shizune.

"S-Rank criminal," she simply answered. "He's a very dangerous one. Thinking that she might didn't know what she's after, I have to come along since Lady Tsunade is the Hokage and Lord Jiraiya hasn't come home yet."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Quick! Get them out of here! Hide behind the bushes!" Mirai shouted, as she commanded Shiroi to bring Shiruma and his two ANBU comrades out of the hideout, while she tried to buy them some time to leave the place.

"Doton- Urgh!" The hard mud wall that she had instantly made to block the way was smashed through by thousands of snakes.

"Mirai!" Shiruma yelled, as he watched her body were thrown back across the open space, due to the impact of the smashed wall on her.

"I still can't believe it. You're still alive!" Orochimaru cackled as he walked out of the darkness of his hideout. "Letting you escape that time really worth it."

Mirai chucked as she heard that. "So Kakashi-san was right. There's a reason why you let me to escape easily," she said, as she was standing up and armed herself with her kunai.

"Yes... I want to take a look at my experiment's progress."

"Who is this?"Another voice joined, from the inside of the hideout. Mirai glanced at the entrance, watching a dark-haired boy walking out from the dark towards Orochimaru. "Hmph. A girl interrupted my training," he grunted as he stared at her.

"Not just a girl, Sasuke-kun," Orochimaru stated with a smirk as he looked at the girl. "She's the last Gochakura."

"Sasuke?" Mirai repeated, and the tensed muscles in her shoulders relaxed. "Ah... Uchiha Sasuke. I've heard about you, one when I was training back in the Kirigakure, and the other..." She paused, preparing herself again and grinned. "Of course about the assassination. Oh, by the way... I've met your brother."

Changes of intensities could be seen through Sasuke's black eyes when she mentioned about it. He took a few steps forward, and halted. "Since you've interrupted my training, you'll pay for it."

"Well, I'll make sure that I won't have to pay with cash." Swiftly, Mirai threw six of her kunai towards him in different directions. But then, before the kunai could even touch his sleeve, suddenly Sasuke stood behind her.

"You're late," he said in a low voice, holding onto his Kusanagi behind him. "You can't defeat me, even though you're a Gochakura."

"Don't think that you're already strong enough, just because you're training with that snake guy after you left Konoha."

Suddenly, Mirai disappeared in front of his eyes and appeared on one of her thrown kunai. "Doton: Earth Grip!" she chanted after she performed seals and placed her hands onto the ground.

Sasuke jumped, as the ground started to shake. "Mokuton: Wood Tree Pillar!" A group of wood pillars started to emerge from the ground towards him, trying to trap him.

In a blink of her eyes, suddenly Sasuke appeared inches away in front of her, startling her. But she made it in time when she pulled out two kunai, holding it up and it clanked against his Kusanagi.

"Another pathetic ninja from Konoha. I've wasted my time," Sasuke said, still in the position they were.

"Don't underestimate them," Mirai hissed through her gritted teeth as she tightened her grips on her kunai. "You're used to be one of them, right?"

"I'm way greater than them," he said, before Mirai saw a flicker of lightning on his shoulder, making her to retreat quickly. But as she jumped away, Sasuke had already waiting behind her.

He swung his sword at her, only to find out that she had used substitution technique. "Behind," she suddenly said, trying to land her punch on him. He turned around, and she gasped as she just realized something.

"Too late to dodge. Now you're trapped."