Chapter 92

Law eyed the clock next to the TV before tightening his hold on you and raising a hand to move your hair away, exposing the back of your neck, and you clearly felt how hundreds of goosebumps popped on your skin at the feeling of his warm lips on your nape.

"Law, I can't concentrate if you do that," you unconvincingly protested, trying to keep focused on your laptop.

You were on the couch, in the living room. Law had finished his classes and, having one of his clingy days, he asked you to move to the couch and sit on his lap when there was less than an hour left for your work shift to finish, not wanting to wait.

So that's how you were at the moment, sitting on his lap, with your laptop on yours. But now he was growing impatient and greedy of your attention, and having you so close was starting to not be enough.

He stuck out his tongue and lapped your nape, your spine shuddering pleasantly in response. He smirked, satisfied with your involuntary reaction, although you couldn't see him. "The ending time was ten minutes ago," his deep, velvety voice alleged.

"I know, but I can't leave this half done. I'm almost finished, give me a minute," you requested with a smile.

"I gave you ten whole minutes already," he pointed out right after sealing his lips to your sensitive skin once again, this time to sloppily kiss it, his teeth barely grazing it.

Another shiver ran up your back, your body tensing and jerking. "Do you want me to drop the laptop!?" you uttered in alarm when you nearly lost hold of your work tool.

His chest rumbled against your back as he chuckled. "If that makes you turn your attention to me..." he purred.

You huffed, with a smile. "A minute, I promise," you repeated.

Fortunately, this time he complied and simply rested his chin on your shoulder, eyes wandering through the screen of your laptop with disinterest as his arms reduced the circle they had formed around your waist.

You took the chance to turn for a moment to kiss his cheek. He was so adorable... "Thank you, my handsome jaguar."

In less than two minutes, you finished what you were doing and informed your coworkers you were done for that day, turned off the laptop, and lowered its lid.

Law allowed you to stand to leave the device on the desk, and you turned back to his lap, this time facing him, hands resting on his chest as you smiled at him. "I'm all yours," you chimed.

"Of course you are," he smirked widely before pulling you close to him and claiming your lips.

You giggled quietly and happily kissed back. Your lips moved in synchrony against his, parting slightly so your tongues could meet as you pressed your body closer to him to feel his warmth. Your hands slid up his neck and your fingers buried in his thick, raven hair, tenderly brushing his scalp.

He sighed and broke the kiss to lean closer to your hands. "I love it when you do this..." he muttered, eyes closed in delight.

You laughed a bit, going on with the massage. "I know. Right now your face is the living image of happiness."

He smirked at that, opening one eye to look at you before closing it again to keep enjoying your treatment in content, making you laugh again. You were very glad to see him happy and relaxed again, even though you knew he was still worried about his crew.

He had been in a tense, gloomy mood the following days after that chapter was released, and it didn't help that he had to wait two weeks for the next one. At least it showed more information about what was happening.