The dairy

Mark:"This place is amazing.It's got food.And that fence...Oh man that fence."

Ellie:"Chill out with the fence."

Mark:"Ok,ok.But I'm saying if we play our cards right,this might turn out to be a place we can stay.So how do you want to play this?"

Hmm.We could either look around and see if this place is safe,or we can help in anyway possible.Either way,both of them are helpful for safety.They mention something about the Walkers getting caught on the fence,that could be dangerous for the group.

Me:"Before we can think about bringing our whole group here to stay,we need to figure out if this place is as safe as they telling us."

Ellie:"Ok."

Mark:"Right.Obviously they think it's safe,but is it safe enough for the kids?I noticed a broken swing over there."He looks toward the swing and we look at the swing as well.Wow.That thing is broken in half.How did that happened?And will that happen to the kids when they get on it?"Not a big deal,but maybe there's other things not working that we can't see."

Ellie:"Like that barn over there."We turn and look at the barn."We don't know if there's more than the cow in there."

Mark:"Yeah.Maybe there might be."

Me: And checking the fence perimeter sounds like a decent way to get a good look at their defenses."

Mark:"All right,we'll keep our eyes open and you find out what you can from Andy."

We enter the dairy and I walk to Andy.

Andy:"Hi."

He stand up.

Me:"Hi."

Andy:"I'm glad you decided to help us out.I noticed back at the motel that you folks,are pretty well armed.You been stockpiling,huh?"

Me:"Yeah.If anyone tries to f*ck with us they'll regret it."

Andy:"Well,protecting your people is important,but in my experience,having that many guns around is when people get dangerous."

Huh.

Me:"An electric fence is enough to keep out the walkers?"

Andy:"Walkers?Is that what you call them?That's good.The old one wouldn't have,but Mac--he was our foreman--he figured out how to amp it up with the generators.We used to sit out here some nights and watch the sons o' b*tches sizzle and pop when they get too close.Closest thing to entertainment these days,I guess."

Me:"This generators are enough to power the whole dairy?"

Andy:"We got lots.And we gotta keep trading for fuel as much as we can.But they all work together to do the trick.Like us."

Me:"We can't be the first people you've invited up to the dairy."

Andy:"Well,no.We've made similar deals with other folks,trading for gas and food,but ultimately they moved on,looking for the people they lost contact with."

Me:"Mark and I can help you with that perimeter,now."

Ellie:"What about me?"

I turn to my side and see Mark and Ellie standing there.

Me:"You are staying here.There might be some walkers or bandits larking around and I don't want you to get hurt by them."

Ellie:"You're leaving behind so that dad can't kill you for tacking me to the fences."

This girl is smart.

Me:"Yep."

She sigh.