TWENTY FIVE

instagram

zoebelrose                                       32m ago!

real life

zoe breathed out uneasily. she was sat in a car on the way to the 76th annual golden globe awards. her stomach was knotting together with nerves and she had her hands tightly clasped on her lap to stop them from shaking but even that wasn't proving much help. she barely knew any a-list actors, but she had been invited to present the award for best original score alongside margot to promote the new film and she could hardly turn that down.

her friendship with margot was one thing that zoe never thought in a million years would happen. even when she found out they were going to be in a film together, zoe thought that they'd smile as they walked past each other and that margot might remember her name if it ever came up. she didn't think that margot would practically adopt her as a little sister and invite her anywhere and everywhere.

even looking over at her now from across the backseat, margot was just magnificent.

"you need to stay with me tonight." zoe announced to margot. "i literally will not know a single other person there."

"saoirse will be there." margot turned to face zoe. "you might not know a lot of actors, but they sure as hell know you." she laughed.

zoe furrowed her brow. "what do you mean?"

"what?" margot scoffed. "you think i'd be this obsessed with you and not tell just about everyone i know about how amazing you are?"

zoe blushed but she couldn't hide the smile on her face. "why are you so good to me?"

"i see myself in you." margot shrugged. "i'd just turned 22 when i started filming the wolf of wall street. you've got the same thing i had back then. you've got spark."

zoe smiled bashfully as margot reached out and squeezed her hand.

"right." she tapped zoe on the leg. "we're here."

the door next to zoe opened and she could feel a slight breeze travel up the skirt of her dress, lifting it slightly at the hem. she unbuckled her seat belt and swivelled around so that her legs were outside of the car, just like she had been instructed in media training. the man who had just opened the door offered zoe a hand and helped her to her feet. she thanked him with a small smile and straightened out her dress. looking down at her outfit and exhaling out of her nose, zoe reminded herself: she could do this.

margot appeared at her side. "you ready?" she asked with a grin.

...

zoe sauntered down the red carpet, just 10 steps behind margot. she had insisted that zoe walk the carpet on her own so that she could have her own time in the spotlight and not be outshined by her. zoe was grateful, but also felt completely lost, like a fish out of water. somehow all of the photographers knew her name. they were shouting it at her to look this way and smile that way. honestly all she could really focus on was keeping a level head. she knew no one.