TWENTY SIX

real life

zoe returned to her seat and sat quietly as the show started back up again. she twiddled her thumbs and chewed at her lip. she felt anxious again and the champagne hadn't helped.

"are you okay?" margot whispered in zoe's ear. the atmosphere was pretty silent and margot didn't want to attract any attention to herself.

"yeah, i'm okay." zoe whispered back. "i'm just really confused. i'll tell you in the next break." earning a nod from margot. the pair sat in silence as 4 more awards were announced and thus another, shorter, commercial break commenced.

"okay, let's have it. what's wrong?" margot turned to face zoe now.

"so, i just talked to timothée and he mentioned something about him and i kissing in paris, which i have no recollection of whatsoever. as far as i know i spent that whole night and the next day with my head in my sister's toilet puking up my entire stomach." zoe gushed.

"wait wait wait." margot stopped the girl. "you kissed him?"

"he said that the reason why he distanced himself from me after paris was because we kissed and afterwards i acted like it never happened." she shrugged. "but to me it never did happen. i just don't remember."

"so... if it's true," margot blinked, trying to wrap her head around it all. "you two kissed and then you acted like it never happened, which was probably like a custard pie to the face for him. clearly if he kissed you then he liked you and he probably couldn't bare to be your friend when he thought you didn't feel the same way, so he removed himself from the situation."

"and then i noticed him distance himself, so i distanced myself because i thought i was stupid for thinking someone like him would ever like someone like me." zoe continued.

"and then what?" margot thought aloud. "in your absence he found someone that did like him back."

"lily." zoe breathed out.

"it makes sense, zoe." margot smiled lightly. she wasn't too sure whether this was a positive or negative thing for her friend. "what did saoirse say when you mentioned him to her?"

"she said... that he could be a dick within good reason." zoe gasped. "so she knew the whole time?"

"i think the best thing to do right now is to just watch the rest of the show and then talk to her at the after party." margot soothed zoe.

"you're right." zoe smiled at margot, taking her phone out of her clutch bag.

"why are you taking your phone out?" margot sighed.

"uh, hello?" zoe raised an eyebrow. "i have to keep the groupchat updated."

imessage

girlypops 💯🏎

[4 participants]

zoella = zoe
bellbellz = isabella
#1 zoe belrose stan = josh
juicy lucie = lucie

zoella
zoe sent a voice note

bellbellz
i KNEW SOMETHING HAPPENED IN PARIS

juicy lucie
sHUT UP
i REALLY DONT KNOW HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW
LIKE IS THIS A GOOD THING???
ARE WE PISSED
IM LOST

#1 zoe belrose stan