Untitled Part 52

Chapter 52 Another Gift

Wow! This feels great!

Eznho's earlier predicament was almost forgotten and was now replaced with excitement and pure joy. He felt like a child who had his birthday wish fulfilled.

So, this is the so-called Halo Stage,

Eznho thought to himself and tried to raise his right hand in front of him, it was a little stiff at first but it gradually loosened. He then clenched his fist producing a crackling sound, like a mini-thunder.

I wonder what other changes occurred,

He took a deep breath and assumed a lotus position then cleared his mind of distractions. Using his consciousness, he checked his dantian where he found the three halos floating and slowly rotating. It looked spectacular, an out of this world scene. He could not help but be mesmerized by what he saw. It took him a while to regain his clarity and saw that small amounts of heavenly energy were constantly being absorbed by the three halos automatically.

Meaning, even if he is not cultivating heavenly energy would be constantly absorbed by him albeit, only in small amounts which is a far cry from the amount he could absorb if he is cultivating.

Next thing he did was to check his body, his internal organs and the like was actually strengthened by his breakthrough. Although he had no idea how tough his body was, he was sure he would not be easily wounded by ordinary weapons.

The last stop was his soul, it was still floating inside his sea of memories, the only difference was that it already absorbed all the motes of light which appeared during his early days of cultivation which he has no clue what it was.

He slowly approached and to his surprise, the barrier was now gone which made it possible for him to get close to his soul. He was a little tensed since he did not know if this was good or bad.

The distance between them now was so close he could practically see every detail of his soul which looked exactly like him.

All of a sudden, it opened its eyes which startled Eznho making him retreat. Although the soul opened its eyes, it was still expressionless like before. But it did not stop there, it slowly raised his right hand and pointed at the direction of Eznho with his index finger.

Eznho was confused and did not know what to do, he was deep in thought when a vague outline of a hand formed beside him. He was frightened and wanted to get away from it but before he could, he could feel that this "hand" was a part of him.

This is weird,

What was happening now was out of his expectations which made him more confused. He was observing his "hand" and his soul when an idea struck his mind.

Could it be?

He wanted to test his theory and besides, he was inside his own body so it was unlikely that it would do anything to harm him. He slowly approached his soul and also raised his hand and pointed towards his soul's right index finger. Both fingers became closer and closer, inches became centimeters, then they finally touched.

Boom!

Eznho felt like his mind exploded which caused an excruciating pain making him howl in agony, this pain was much more intense than the physical pain he experienced previously. After the two fingers met, his consciousness was sucked in by his soul.

His vision became blurry and it took him a while to adjust, he was still above his sea of memories but what took him by surprise was that he was now actually riding his soul. It felt weird for him, he felt light and carefree as if the filth world around him has not tainted him.