Chapter 1: The Next Victim

His POV

*Flashback*

        I was waiting. I had just sent out my closest friend to implant the microchips in their heads. Who are they? They are Phil Lester and Chris Kendall. They were best friends. They were lovers, if you believe in love. Well, guess what? I don't.

        I guess I did a long time ago. But, I was foolish. I was weak. Love is stupid. It is petty and dangerous. I was tired of this so-called love. I had a plan, a plan to destroy it. The only other person that understood was my friend. Together we spent years working on our technology. We made stuff including serums and microchips.

        Once we had finished developing that we set out to recruit people. We looked for people that seemed to be in love. Then, we waited until they fell asleep. We then injected them with a serum so they would stay asleep for the next 8-12 hours. After that, we'd implant the microchips in their heads.

        With the microchips, we could do so much. We could check a person's emotions, health, and physical appearance. We were also able to look at their brain activity and thoughts. We could even control their thoughts, words, and physical movement.

        That's what we were about to do to Phil and Chris. After this, we'd be able to see all their memories and what they were seeing from our smart phones, as if it were a movie of some sort. "poor chumps, they'll never see it coming." I thought.

       "Why was I doing this to them?" you might ask. I believe something about Phil based on what I've seen. I believe the love in him is strong. But, I believe the hate can be even stronger.

        While I was lost in my thoughts, my phone started beeping, successfully getting my attention. The phone beeping meant that my friend was done. Now, we were finally able to get in their heads. All I had to do now was wait for my friend to get back.

A Couple Minutes Later

         I heard the sound of a door opening and closing, that meant my friend had arrived. Soon, he walked over to me and said, "Well, what are you waiting for? Use your phone and find out what they've been up to." "Okay, I'm on it." I say.

         I then pull out my phone, type in the pass code, then find the right app, and choose it. I scroll through the different names until I find the name I'm looking for - Chris Kendall.

        After picking his name, I search for the option that says memories. I type in today's date and the time 12:00 - 5:30 pm, assuming that would be enough time to find out all the information I need. As the screen loads, I think, "Well, this should be very interesting to see."

Earlier That Day

Phil's POV

        Today was going to be amazing. Right now, it was about 9:00 am. I'm usually a heavy sleeper, but today I was very excited because my boyfriend Chris was coming over for today and tomorrow.

        I was feeling so giddy, even though he wasn't coming for about another 3 hours. All I wanted to do now was skip, and I was bored, so I did. I didn't have to clean or tidy anything, since this place has been spotless since I found out he was coming.

        Most of the next 3 hours were spent getting ready and setting up games, movies, and snacks. The last 15 minutes totally weren't spent waiting by the door like a puppy. They totally weren't...