Part 6

Art by me

     ***

     "I wouldn't do anything stupid if I were you."

     The person walked closer towards you, his black eyes were hard to distinguish from the darkness; but glimpse of white, snowy hair with black cracks because of being eaten by time was the thing that easy to perceive. A sword was being held on his left arms —a lefty, perhaps— as he fixed the grey cravat tied to his neck, which the color matched with his entire black-and-white outfit. The Photographer, according to your father's report, standing right in front of you, conceivably wanted to kill you.

     The dimly lit up candle that was the only source of the very few amount of light on the room —aside from the light that made through the small hole from the window— made the situation worsened. You tried to look at your surroundings to find the door; but perhaps it's not your lucky day. The door was quite far from your sight, and it would cause a bigger problem if you moved an inch from your current place where you stood.

     Trying your best to put a stoic face, your mind rushed with any probability; chances to escape, to survive from this hunter. In contrary, a sly, mischievous smirk was engraved on the Photographer's face. He moved the tip of his sword towards your neck, his pitch-black eye stared into your [color] one.

     "Are you scared? It's clearly written on your face, even if you are trying your best to hide it." He spoke in a mocking voice, never moved his gaze from you.

     "What do you want? Isn't it forbidden for a hunter, to visit the survivors' place?" You spoke in a monotonous voice.

     "Who taught you that?" He paused, as a realization came out to his mind. "Oh, how dumb I am! I don't know who you really are, but I think you don't belong here, with all of those nasty traits and informations God knows where you got 'em."

      He moved the tip of his blade farther towards your throat. A small amount of blood dripped from your neck, as fear caused your heart to pump blood faster than it should had; and it seemed that you could lose your self-control anytime by now.

     "If I were found dead, you'll be in a great trouble." Your voice started to get raspy, and you raised your head high enough so the tears would not fall down from your eye.

     "Don't you cherish that pitiful life of yours? Now tell me, how did you escape from Jack with such ease?" His voice grew colder each second passed; but a tiny glance of mercy restrained him to move the sword farther.

     " ... I'm not sure myself."

     "Liar."

     The Hunter stared into your very own eyes, trying to intimidate you. Then, he saw a pool of tears started to form on your eye. His gaze softened, but not lowering his attack yet.

     "Tell me the truth; all the information you know, and the secrets you have been keeping these whole time." He spoke in a threatening, yet there was a hint of softness and compassion in voice at the same time.

     "I ..."

     Just when you thought you'd be dead meat, a familiar voice from outside the room startled both of you.

     Knock-knock.

     "Miss _____, are you there?"

     It was Kurt's voice.

     Knock-knock.

     "Miss _____? Are you alright?"

     "Ah. Guess my time is running out." The white-haired male sighed, moving his sword from your neck.