Anything For You

Jiwon-hyung
Hey Bin, can we meet at our usual hangout?
I wanna tell u smth

Okay, sure. What about?

Jiwon-hyung

Just smth important
So 5:00?

Ok

🌠

Hanbin enters the café, half nervousness and half anticipation engulfing his whole body.

After passing by a few tables, he spots a happy Bobby waving cutely at him, causing his heart to skip a beatㅡ something he'll never admit out loud.

Hanbin smiled and went to take a seat in front of the older.

"Hey, so I ordered your favorite drink already." Bobby grins, handing over the chocolate milkshake.

"Thanks." Hanbin accepts the drink and smiles back, his only dimple popping out.

Then they were silent. The atmosphere was kind of awkward and uncomfortable. After a couple of minutes, Hanbin finally decides to speak first.

"So.." Hanbin starts, dragging out the o sound. Bobby's head pops up to look at the younger from his phone.

"What did you want to tell me, hyung?"

"Ah, right! Err.. How do I even say this.."

Oh god, Is he going to confess?

Is he going to ask me to out??

Hanbin internally screams, his heart thumping wildly in his chest out of both excitement and nervousness.

He shook the ideas off and reminds himself to not get his hopes up, instead focusing on the nervous boy in front of him.

Bobby sighs and takes a deep breath.

"I really really like.. Um your friend.. Donghyuk." Bobby finally says, obviously flustered with the way his fingers were fidgeting around his cup.

Hanbin can hear his own heart break into pieces. He stares at the older wide-eyed, fighting the urge to cry.

"I was wondering if you would help me with him, since you know, you guys are really close. Pleaseee," Bobby looks at him with his puppy eyes, lips formed into an annoying pout and Hanbin hates how weak he is for it.

Bobby, probably one of the most heterosexual boys in campus and Hanbin's all-time crush, finally having his first boy crush. And it isn't even him. Instead it was Donghyuk, his friend, who's literally an angel sent from heaven. Donghyuk is a sweet boy who makes everyone meltㅡ just like Bobby himself, so can you blame him?

They would make a better pair, Hanbin thinks bitterly.

On the other hand, Hanbin hates people and the idea of them in his personal spaceㅡ however, he had let Bobby in and he half regrets it, mostly because he hates the way the older makes him feel.

"Uh, Bin? You okay?"

"Huh? Yeah, why?"

"You kind of spaced out for a minute there."

"Oh, sorry. But y-yeah okay, I'll see if I can help. Dong's kinda hard to get." Hanbin's voice wavers off a little, but he manages to let a smile erupt from his face.

Bobby chuckles and nods with his face still flushed red.

"Oh also," Hanbin looks at him, like he can't decipher what the older had to say next. "I'm gonna ask Donghyuk to be my date for the Valentine's Dance.."

Oh.

"..I mean, you don't mind, right? I know I already told you we'd be partners but.. You know, hopefully you don't mind, because this could be my chance and-"

"Bobby. I understand. It's totally fine with me." As long as you're happy, you idiot.

Hanbin fakes a smile. It's no biggie, he could; ask another person, go alone, or just simply not come at all. Yeah, totally fine with him.

"Really?? Thanks man! I swear I'll make it up to you."

"You don't have to." Hanbin mumbles, inwardly grimacing at what Bobby had just called him.

They finish their drinks and head out. They halt at a bus stop and Bobby hugs Hanbin, the latter's face placed on his shoulder.

"Bin, thanks again. Really, you're the best." Bobby softly says.

"Anything for you." Hanbin replies, almost inaudible.

When the bus arrives, Bobby steps inside, waving goodbye from the window as soon as he was seated.

Then the bus finally took off, a happy and content Jiwon inside, taking a piece of Hanbin's heart with him.