JUNE 2000 - LEX (Part 4)

A security guard escorted us from Em's dressing room down to the main floor of the arena and let us into the crowd right in the middle and in front of the stage. People around us looked pissed that we got in from the front versus having to wait for hours and hours like they had to. But once they saw the VIP passes hanging around our necks, they chilled out and even started asking if we'd met any of the acts backstage. We told them we hadn't but hoped to after the show, just to avoid unwanted attention.

Not long after we got there, the show started with Ice Cube's Hello. The nearly 4 hour concert was the most amazing one I had ever been to in my life. Cube, Dre, Snoop, Nate Dogg, Em....everyone killed it. The crowd was insane. Everyone was smoking tree, getting drunk, making out, girls were lifting their shirts left and right. Nearby, there was a group of girls who were completely infatuated with Em. They kept yelling things like "I love you Slim" and holding up signs that said "Fuck me Shady" and going absolutely crazy when he was onstage. He made eye contact with me a few times and they were not far behind me so I'm sure he saw them.

It had been over a year since I'd been to one of his shows, and that crowd had been nowhere near the size of this one. To see thousands of girls willing to throw themselves at him was...weird, to say the least. I was jealous and annoyed. But I also wasn't his girl anymore. So I had no right to feel that way. I did my best to ignore their screams and focus on the show but I couldn't help thinking about all the incredible nights he and I had spent together; how amazing and attentive he was in and out of bed; how good he had made me feel, both physically and emotionally; and how much I missed him...

 I did my best to ignore their screams and focus on the show but I couldn't help thinking about all the incredible nights he and I had spent together; how amazing and attentive he was in and out of bed; how good he had made me feel, both physicall...

He looked so good onstage. He wore a red and white outfit with a white backwards visor and Jordans. He was flushed, hot and sweaty, and towards the end I could tell he was getting tired, but it did nothing to the mind-blowing quality of his performance. His voice sounded exactly like it did on his albums and he didn't miss a beat the entire time. I suddenly couldn't wait to be near him again...

---

"Tell me is it cool to fuck/Did you think I come to talk/Am I a fool or what/Positions on the floor, it's like erotic, ironic/Because I'm somewhat psychotic/I'm hittin' switches on bitches/Like I been fixed with hydraulics..." Cassie and I rapped along with one of our favorite Tupac songs How Do You Want It?

Pills, weed, and alcohol flowed freely around the room. We were back at Hotel del Coronado where, we found out, Em and his crew were staying for the night before heading to their next city. We had started the afterparty at the concert venue and hung out with all the artists and a ton of groupies. After an hour or so, Em and his crew headed back to the hotel to have their own, smaller hangout. I think it was mostly so that he could get Nate out of that party environment and into a hotel room to get some sleep. It was beyond cute to see him taking care of his little brother like that.