Self-Control Part I (vmin)

Jimin's head hit his pillow with a thump. The contents of the day swirling around in his mind like a never-ending whirlpool of confusion.

What did he mean? What did he mean, "I'll show you"?

Taehyung had been distant for a while now. Seeking friends outside of the group for comfort rather than explaining to Jimin what was plaguing his mind. Jimin thought they were closer than that. His frustration, and jealousy, boiled down to him confronting Taehyung earlier when he caught the younger trying to sneak back into the dorm.

"What are you doing?"

"Hyung! You scared me." Taehyung chuckled while resting his right hand over his heart. "I stayed at a friends house last night on accident. I didn't want to wake anyone up. I'm sorry if I caused you to worry." Taehyung finished his explanation with a heartwarming smile that almost melted Jimin's nerves, but this has been building up inside of him for too long at this point.

"How do you 'accidentally' sleep over a friend's house?"

"What's that supposed to mean? I fell asleep while we were talking and I didn't wake up until this morning. Period. Nothing happened. Why did you say 'friend' with a weird tone?" Taehyung narrowed his eyes over at Jimin. His eyebrows causing a crease in the center of his forehead visually displaying the boy's confusion.

"You need to be more careful with your 'friends', Taehyung. They go around talking about things they shouldn't be mentioning to press or social media. The reflects badly on you because it makes you look careless and weak. I just don't trust them after what happened with Nina, and all."

"I met Nina recently and I shouldn't have trusted her, that's fair, but this was a childhood friend whom I've confessed to multiple times. I don't need you looking out for me. I am an adult. You get jealous way too easily. I can befriend whoever I want. I'm not stuck to just the group."

Jimin was taken aback. It's Jimin's job as a hyung to look out for Taehyung. He is a sensitive boy who trusts too easily. He needs to be protected. Jimin wants to bring up other instances of when Taehyung mistrusted people, and how that has affected, not only himself, but the group as a whole. He wants to bring up how his behavior has become inappropriate and irresponsible lately. Yet, instead he can only focus on one thing. "I'm not jealous."

"Yes, you are." Taehyung started laughing under his breath. "You're the most jealous one here."

"No I'm not. Just because I'm looking out for you doesn't make me jealous." Jimin pouted his lower lip and turns his gaze to the floor. "It's not my fault I care about you."

"Aww Jiminie Hyung..." Taehyung caressed Jimin's cheek gently. "I have enough self-control to handle myself and my image outside of these doors. Don't worry."

Jimin scoffed, "no you don't. You make Jin Hyung look under control when you put lobster in front of his face. You're still to immature."

Taehyung's eyes turned dark, but his hand remained gently to Jimin's skin. "You think so?" Jimin pursed his lips and nodded in response to Taehyung's question. "Well then, I guess I'll just have to prove it. I'll show you." Taehyung went to the kitchen and grabbed one of the blank pieces of paper out of a homage cook book. The younger jotted down a hotel name and room number along with a time before ripping the page out of the book and handing it to Jimin.

"What's this for?"

"I'll show you, but later. Don't be late."

Now here Jimin was. Outside of this run-down, sleepy hotel that looks more like a motel. It's an old building made of thin look wood that's been painted to look like brick. It's short- maybe two stories tall in some places, but overall only one story. He's not even in Seoul anymore. There's no one around. It's half-passed eight. His anxiety is through the roof.