No matter what

As we got into the diner we sat down right away. I asked the waitress for a few napkins and a few cups of water. When she came back with that I started cleaning off his hand.

"Why did you punch him?"

"Wasn't the first time." He laughed hissing a little when I put the cloth on his hand.

"What?"

"Not the point. And I don't know. He was just being a prick. Didn't like how he was with you."

I looked up to his blue eyes raising my eyebrow.

"Don't believe it for one bit. What did he whisper to you?"

His jaw clenched up a little. "He said you've been throwing yourself around to many guys...even Derick."

God why the hell didn't I punch him myself.

"Why that little fu-"

"Don't finish that sentence little one." Colton said pointing at me like he was the boss of me.

"I-i..." What was sad was that Derick was the reason I was in all of this mess.

"tell me you didn't get with Derick Savannah. Not my best friend."

I pulled away from him and crossed my arms a little. Tears filled my eyes as what happened ran through my head.

"I-I didn't want to." I said softly and the look of disappointment on his face got to me.

"Fuck Savannah!"

"Don't start with me. You're the one who left me Colton. Remember that? Yes I was mad and yes I regret so many things but now I've got a whole lot of things to care about."

He looked at me hard "when."

"The night you left." And the memories hurt me even more thinking about it.

"So...the baby's his."

I bit my lip and let tears fall as I nodded my head. I never wanted this to happen. I loved Gabby so much but what happened to me was hell. It wasn't what I wanted.

"B-But I d-didn't want it."

"Save It Savannah. You slept with my friend." He was hurt and I know why. But he didn't understand and I didn't know how to make him.

"Colton please."

"God I stood up for you too." He pushed himself to get out off the booth and walked off leaving me to sit there by myself hating myself.

I let everything happen to me. This was all my fault.

Flashback:

"LEAVE THEN!" I cried as I threw Colton's things out the door. He had told me a few days ago that he had in listed into the army. At first I thought he was kidding. Then this morning I woke to him putting a uniform on and getting ready to leave me.

"Savannah don't do this." He cried walking down the hall to me.

I ran to our room slamming the door on him and running to the bed that we had made love on the night before. I let him use me and now I felt sick.

"Baby please." He pushed the door open and came into our room.

I felt his hands wrap around my waist as he pulled me up. I started hitting his chest as tears went down my face.

"I HATE YOU,"

"Don't say that."

It was true. He was leaving me like this. I wanted nothing more then to forget him.

I grabbed a hold of the ring that was on my finger and went to pull it off.

"Don't fucking do it Sav." He grabbed my hands putting them to his face. I saw tears falling from his eyes like mine.

"I said I'm coming back to you. Don't do this to me now."

"If you go out that door Colton then don't come back." I hiccuped. I didn't mean it but I was hurt. I wanted him to stay.

"I know you don't mean that." He kissed my head and pulled back.

He got up looking down on me. He was dressed and ready to go. He took his hat out of his back pocket and put it on killing me a little more.

"Please don't leave me." It was my last attempt to get him to stay. Anything.

"I love you baby." He kissed my lips quickly before turning and going out the door.

"I mean it Colton." He stopped listening to me  "you leave then don't think I'll wait for you."

Without looking back at me he said this. "I love you so much Savannah. If you move on and find someone else then it will kill me before any fucking bullet can.

"Don't take that off. I'm coming back for you no matter what." And with that he was gone.

I stayed where I was taking in what he said. It didn't feel real till I heard the sound of his car going down the dirt road leaving me for good.

I fell to the bed crying myself to sleep that night.

End of flashback: