five.

SERAPHINA huffed as Klaus made no move to slow his pace as they walked through the woods so Seraphina had to quicken her pace

SERAPHINA huffed as Klaus made no move to slow his pace as they walked through the woods so Seraphina had to quicken her pace. She knew that he was mad but she couldn't be to blame, she's allowed to have a separate agenda. "Klaus look, I know you don't like me right now but I can help you find her. If we split up we can cover more ground."

"We're not splitting up" He refused barely looking at her as he was angry and knew that he couldn't take his anger with Mikael out on her.

She huffed at his stubbornness. "Look Klaus. I can handle myself."

"We're not splitting up. I know my Father and so we're not splitting up." He repeated stubbornly refusing to change his mind.

"As you wish." She gave in to his commands as he finally slowed his pace, matching her own.

"Why are you helping her?" He asked curious at to why she decided on helping out the little witch.

"Davina?" She asked and he nodded. "I'm helping her because she's on her own, she doesn't have anyone else. She thought she had Marcel but it seems he's not on her side anymore she doesn't have any of the witches and I know what it's like to try and do it on your own. It's hard and people will take you for granted and use your vulnerability against you to get what they want. I guess part of me sees myself in Davina and I don't want her to make the same mistakes I did." She explained as regret flashed through her eyes as she cast her gaze to the ground.

"Pretty admirable of you." He commented causing a Seraphina to shoot him a stern look.

"Which way?" She changed the subject not wanting a debate.

Klaus stopped them as they passed a tree with blood smeared onto it. He knew that Mikael was trying to get him to find them. He carried on following the scent as they reached a clearing where a bonfire was being held with party-goers stood completely still and silent baring masks, presumably compelled by Mikael.

The two of them walked into the centre facing them as one of them began to speak. "Did you honestly think to hold me with a blade forged from pain?" The guy asked speaking on Mikael's behalf.

"Unlike the weak, unlike you, I gain strength from pain!" Another added pointing a machete at them.

"Soon, you will know the taste of white-oak as it pierced your heart." The other continued as Klaus looked around amused.

"Is he such a coward that he could not speak himself?" Seraphina muttered to Klaus who contained his laughter. His eyes light up in amusement.

"It's very clever, Mikael! Compelling the locals to say to my face what you dare not? Enjoy the theatrics! They only delay the inevitable." He shouted back at them knowing that Mikael would be listening.

One of the men grunted as he charged forward trying to attack Klaus, but he easily disarmed and killed him in a second. The other compelled guests quickly follow, surrounding Klaus and Seraphina.