Veronica (Chapt. 3)

When Raymond confronted me I had wanted to laugh in his face but I had to keep my cool. I had a plan and being reckless wasn't affordable. Laughing was reckless.

I knew Raymond would be after me. That's exactly what I wanted. That's exactly what the Dean wanted.

I had left an open window downstairs so Raymond would have a way inside. Once I sensed he was inside I started to jump up and down to let him know I was upstairs. When he was near me, I dropped a dictionary before swiftly picking it up and setting it on a desk.

I closed my eyes before opening them.  I turn around and look at the door. The doorknob roughly twist before Raymond toppled onto my floor.

"What do you think you're doing in my house!?" I ask harshly, moving my hair from my face.
"What do you think you're doing by killing Polly?!" Raymond asked with the same harshness. I scoff and roll my eyes.

I turn around and walk back over to a desk that had the dictionary. I move a few vials and beakers around, doing a bit of mixing and stirring. In the process of mixing, I had accidently dropped the dictionary off the table.

"I know you killed Polly!" Raymond finally yells, fury raging in his voice. I don't move. I need to get these concoctions finished before I leave.
"You killed Polly!!!!!!" He yells, taking a step closer to me, "You killed my only friend! You killed the only person who cared about me!!" He continues to yell, his voice quaking towards the end. That makes me turn around.
"I've killed the only person who cares about you?" I ask in a sly voice. A smirk is placed upon my lips.
"I do believe you're forgetting about your sister, Lisa" I tell him. I knew bringing up Lily would anger him even further.
"Lily!!!!!" He yelled at me, stepping  forward.
"Ah, yes. Lily. That little child never stood a chance. She won't be forgotten" I replied, enjoying every moment of this.
"She was my sister, you little devil!!" Raymond screamed louder than I've ever heard him scream.
"And now she is a dead corpse" I respond keeping my voice calm and soft. I was still smirking. I loved doing this to him. He deserved it anyways.

I quickly grabbed the vials with lids and slide them into my pockets. He screamed and ran at me but I stepped out of the way, making him hit with the wall. He groans before looking at me. I grab my duffel bag and backpack. I stare at Raymond, knowing that he will say something to me.
"I'll bring you down! If the police won't catch you than I'll be justice!" Raymond yelled before charging again. I merely step out of the way.
"In order to catch me, you've got to be swifter than that" I tell him with a smirk before walking out of the room.

I heard him run after me but I slipped into a hidden door. I take one of the three vials out and take a sip of the dark red liquid. I put it back into my pocket before I slowly dissolve with my stuff. The familiarity of dizziness comes while my vision darkens. In a matter of seconds, I black out.

<~~~~~~~>

When I come to reality, I see the dark ceiling of the Dean's hide-out. I sigh as I slowly stand up. Once I'm on my feet, I set my bags down and stretch.

I have to go get my orders from the Dean's Second-In-Command before leaving again. I already know where ever I go I'll need to leave clues so Raymond can follow. What I didn't know was where I needed to go nor what I needed to do

Before leaving my area, I checked to make sure my vials were still in my pocket. I take a deep breath before walking forward. I would need to hold my breath when I entered the tunnels. The dirt tunnels were filled with some type of gas that I've forgotten the name of.