Chapter 1

The night was quiet, no wind, no crickets. It seemed almost too quiet. As the milky moon shined its beams across the land all seemed to be at peace. All except a small family, in a small town. Nothing seemed too special about this particular family from the outside. Though, a quick glance inside would create a much different view of them.

Within the small house deep in the cellar, an evil stirred. One that has not been around for a long time. A low pleading voice began to echo off the cellar walls. "Please help us," a middle-aged man asked begging the creature before him. For before him, stood an evil so dark, none dare mess with it. That is, had your own children's lives not be on the line.

The evil looked down at the bowing man with a calculating glance. It appeared as if the creature was thinking."If I choose to help, what would I receive in return for granting your request?" The man looked up at him, then at the woman only meters from him.

"Anything, please just save my babies," the woman pleaded, tears forming in her eyes. For right in front of them laid two infants. Both had red faces and breathing patterns much too fast for one so young. The creature knew that if he did not work with them they would surely die within the same night.

"Alright, I will grant your request. In return, you shall give something equally two me. For your twins to be saved one must be given to me." The woman cried out and the man looked to the ground. He reached a hand up to cover his face.

"No, please! Anything else, I beg of you," the woman cried out. She couldn't bear to part with either of her babies. They were her life, no matter how new to the world they were.

"No, you shall give me a child or they will both meet their end before the night is over. I suggest you make your decision quickly their time is almost up." The creature basically hissed out in a sly voice. He did not do well with humans, especially weeping ones. This had done nothing to calm the frightened mother.

The woman looked at the creature than her babies and back to the creature. "What will happen to my baby? Can I at least know that?" She asked scared, fearing for her tiny child's life. They were so new to this world, she could not let them leave now.

"I will raise the child as my own. The child will be kept happy and healthy. They will also be raised to be a great and powerful heir. It is high time I took on an apprentice to learn all that I know." He explained to the grieving parents. He hoped by offering this it would ease them into saying yes.

"Will you allow us to ever see our baby again?" The man asked since his wife could barely speak anymore. She had sat kneeling next to him her head cradled in her hands.

"In the twelfth summer of the twins life, they will unite where gravity does not reign and the mystery walks among us. " He told them in a not fully clear form, for he was not supposed to always give away the answers (where is the fun in that?). Yet not making it too hard to figure out. His voice deepened as he spoke the final words. "So do we have a deal?" His glove covered hand lighting up in bright blue flames.

They thought for a moment, which child would they give up. Which would they save? It took only a second before they knew. Reaching out his hand the man spoke. "Deal. Take our youngest child and save our oldest." He finished gripping the flaming creatures hand tight.

The creature smirked, "As you have it." With a snap of his fingers, two healthy babies appeared before the couple.

"Please, keep the child safe. Cipher." The father made glare that would make any normal human flinch terror. This, however, was no human. This wasn't even a human at all but Bill Cipher, High King of the Demons. The only dream demon.