Chapter 6

Though he did not know what to do, Bill patted Amy's back. It wasn't much, but she knew he was trying. Looking up giving him a watery smile she thanked him.

"Thank you, Bill. I don't know what to do anymore, but I appreciate it so much." Bill looked at her and nodded slightly. They set to continue their work, finishing the medicine. It only lasted another twenty minutes before they finished up. Cleaning up after, they had the finished product set in a bowl.

"This should be good, now. Dipper will just need to take this. After that, he should start to heal." Amy looked towards Bill smiling. She realized Wendy was right. Bill has changed. He was no longer the crazed demon he had been. He became a true father.

"Thank you," she was unable to stop herself. "For giving a loving home. A loving father. You have done so much more than we could have ever hoped." Even though she knew he already knew that she could not stop.

Bill seemed as if he was going to argue. Instead, he voiced "you're welcome." Amy nodded in gratitude as the entered the living room.

Bill walked up to Dipper. Shaking his shoulders slightly, he woke the boy up. "Dipper, buddy. I need you to take this medicine." Bill did not want to wake his son, but he had no choice.

Dipper whined in protest. "Daddy, I don't feel good." Dipper's eyes were glazed over with a fever. Bill reached out to check Dipper's temperature. It was high, very high. If he was human Dipper would be rushed to the hospital.

"I know buddy, but you need this." Bill lifted Dipper up and sat him on his hip. "Drink this," he said holding the medicine to Dipper's lips. Dipper drank it quick, gagging at the taste.

Bill let out a slight laugh, "I know it doesn't taste good." Laying his head back down on his dad's shoulder. Amy looked a Bill than towards Dipper. Bill seemed to understand what she was asking an nodded. Amy walked up to the two and reached up. She began to stroke Dipper's hair in a comforting way. Dipper flinched at first but then leaned into her hand.

"Here," Bill said as he handed Dipper over to Amy. He knew she needed this, even just for a moment. Leaving the room for a moment he gave Amy and Dipper a moment alone.

Amy sat on the arm chair with Dipper in her arms.

"Dipper, I know you're sleeping now. Even though, I think this needs to be said. I am so sorry for what we have done to you. Even though we don't deserve it, we hope we can be a family. Though we gave you up we can clearly see Bill has raised you right. He has done so much. More than we could have ever hoped for. You are becoming an amazing person-er, demon. No matter what, we will always accept you. Yesterday we were scared and confused. We didn't understand. We still don't, but we will. We will work hard to understand you. Even if we don't truly understand yet what you are we will always love you. Nothing can ever change that." Finally getting that off her chest she looked down. It was then she noticed Dipper looking up at her.

He had tears in his eyes and hugged her neck. "Thank you." Amy froze before reaching her arms around Dipper hugging him close. They sat like that for a few minutes before footsteps were heard. Looking up Amy saw Bill walking up to her. Nodding, he gave her a smile.

Bending down Bill lifted up into his arms, Amy standing up as well. "How about we go see your sister Pine Tree?" Dipper nodded tiredly against his shoulder. Feeling his forehead Bill felt the fever going down slightly.

They all headed upstairs to go see what the older twin was up too.