24

We had Jaxon moved inside to rest while the other men were assigned posts and jobs. I decided to sit that out trusting our fathers and my mate to take care of everything while I ensured my brother was alright. Before I joined him in his room I sent out an order for all of his things to be brought over to the house. With him being Royalty, now, he'll need the same protection as we do and honestly, I like the idea of him being close to me.

I was laying on my side looking down at my brother while he slept when suddenly my gaze diverted to the scar on his chest. Before my very eyes, I watched as it darkened to a few shades darker than his skin tone resembling a raised flesh-colored tattoo just like the marks Dominic and I have. When the very last part of it changed color Jaxon began to stir. As his eyes fluttered open I sat up leaning over him with this overwhelming need to see if there were any changes. Immediately I noticed the fluorescent glow his eyes took on and the similar ring of silver in them. Instead of it being around his pupil like mine, it was around his iris.

"Jeez your eyes are fucking scary," he mumbles gruffly, scrubbing his face with his hand.

"You're one to talk." I snorted rolling my eyes. He looked at me seriously then hopped out of bed and rushed over to the mirror where he gawked at his own reflection. He was probably just as awed as I was the first time I saw mine and judging by the way he keeps smiling at himself, I'd say he likes what he sees. "Please tell me we didn't make your head even bigger. It'll explode soon."

"I was sexy before. Now I'm just flat out gorgeous." His eyes lowered to the mark on his chest and he ran his fingers over it seemingly in a daze. Different emotions flashed over his features as if he were remembering what happened and was trying to make sense of it. "Dominic attacked me."

"He wasn't trying to hurt you, Jax, just mark you." I patted the spot on the bed where he was previously laying in hopes he'd join me and allow me to explain everything but true to Jackie's nature he just faced me and continued to ask questions.

"Mark me? Like a mate's mark? I don't know what kind of freaky shit the two of you are into, but count me out! So not the image nor the news I needed."

It took all I had not to crack up laughing at him. The serious look on his face was just outright comical as was the way he shouted it. "You're so stupid sometimes, I swear! He marked you as his Beta. Now, if you come have a seat I'll explain it to you." My contained laughter slipped through my nose as he made his way over to me with narrowed eyes sitting down cautiously on the very edge of the bed. "Seriously, Jax, what do you think I'm going to do, kiss you? That's gross beyond reason and even if I weren't your sister I'd probably think that." Jaxon scoffed at that and again I rolled my eyes, "You know how Doc said Dominic and I are the Alphas of all? Wellbeing that, we both need Betas."

"Of all the wolves in the world, why would he choose me, though? I don't even really like the dude." He wasn't complaining but obviously confused. Dominic hasn't really shown that he likes my twin all that much either. On the strength of me, kept that to himself. I've purposely avoided asking any questions that might confirm that because I don't think I'll be able to deal with the answer even though I'm sure I know. Dominic is my mate and Jax is my twin. In their own ways, both are my other half and it would bother me having the two of them display hate for each other.

"You may not but your wolf does. Dominic's wolf felt a pull to you just as we'd feel a pull to a mate. I don't know what it is but there was something in your scent and your eyes that told his wolf you were worthy of leading alongside him so he marked you. I'm sorry it was painful for you but it had to be done. You needed his blood to have our strengths and to ensure that your pups will be born underneath the royal bloodline as well. He marked you just over your heart because it is your main life force. When you mate," I paused immediately noticing the way his face fell, "and...have pups...they will be born with that mark, and depending on how many you have, one will be chosen as beta, just as you were."