chapter 5

Edited Friday 19th November 2021

"Marley, I need you to get to mine, now," Brian says over the phone the next morning.

"Okay, I'll be there as quick as I can," I say and hang up the phone, I then quickly shoot Nala a text and as I get dressed, Nala walks in through the door.

"I've got to go, ill be home later, thank you for coming so quickly," I tell her and she smiles and gives me a quick hug.

"No worries, now get going," she says and I nod, grabbing my keys and I run out to my car and I speed off to Tej's garage.

~~~~~~~

"What the hell is going on?" I demand as I enter my brothers place, I freeze in my tracks once I see Monica sitting on my brothers bed.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I demand her and she glares at me.

"Why are you here? You here to sleep with him?" She asks me and I start laughing.

"That's gross, he's my brother," I tell her and she looks shocked.

"Hey, Verone's boys is outside..." Roman says, as he walks in through the front door, he stops once he see's Monica.

"Oh, I see what they're looking for, you're little girlfriend here," Roman says and we quieten down once we see Enrique and Roberto looking through the window.

"They don't know that I'm here, I snuck out," Monica whispers.

"Than what are they doing here?" I ask her.

"I don't know, maybe their guessing," Monica whispers and I just glare at her in anger.

"Oh just shut up," I mutter to myself, making sure that she can't hear me, we watch as they try to look through the window, we slowly creep towards the door.

"Hey, Rome. Go stall them for like two minutes," I tell him and he nods.

"Check her!" Rome demands and I nod as he walks outside.

"Found what you're looking for? Hey, buddy, Hi guys. How you doing? Y'all ain't still mad about the car. Don't even trip, come on man, can't you take a joke?" Rome jokes with Roberto and Enrique as they stand on the dock.

"This isn't a joke Brian, this isn't about being a good cop or doing your job, they're gonna kill you, you gotta pull out," Monica whispers and my brother sighs.

"Verone pay you to keep a straight face like that? Cause if I was making money I'd remove that mole off my nose," Roman continues to stall as we look for a way for Monica to sneak out.

"Yeah, okay," I mutter to myself as I look into the tiny bathroom and see the sky light.

"Monica!" I call out in a hushed voice and she walks over to me, I point up at the roof and she nods, I then close the door behind me as I walk away.

"How much he pay y'all anyway? Every time I see you, y'all got the silk shirts on, the jewellery, looking real Miami. I caught you walking up in the club, the hamburger meat all hanging out," Roman laughs,

"Don't make that run Brian, don't make that run," Monica says and kisses my brother on the lips and rushes over to the bathroom as a new set of footsteps lands on the house boat.

"Where you going? You stay right here with us, buddy," Enrique points his gun at Brian as I step out of the door and try to stop Roberto from entering Brian's home, but it fails and he walks inside, looking around for something.

"Don't even think about it," I mutter to my brother as he stands beside me as Enrique and Roberto speak in Spanish a bit too quickly for me to understand.