Chapter 8

Edited Friday 13th January 2023

"Mama, why is that car sitting there?" Rosa asks me as she points out the black car sitting across the road and I sigh.

"I'm not sure baby, we will ask Auntie Mia when we get inside, okay?" Both Luka and Rosa nod and I smile as I pull into the driveway of the Toretto house for the first time in around 9 years.

"What the hell happened?!" I ask Mia as we sit at the dining room table with Luka and Rosa sitting next to us.

"I don't know, Letty was up to something, she was leaving at all hours of day and night. She wouldn't tell me what was going on and the moment all of this started... Brian came back," Mia tells me and I sigh in frustration.

"My bloody idiot of a brother, who I haven't seen in four years," I mutter.

"Miami?" She looks at me and I nod.

"Oooh, I haven't told you, have I?" She shakes her head with a glare on her face.

"Remember when I told you about the job that I had to do? Well it involved Brian and an old friend from Barstow, we took down Carter Verone, the biggest drag lord in Miami, Brian and Roman stopped by a few days afterwards but then Brian disappeared while Roman and I stayed in Miami with Rosa and Luka, I can't believe that Brin has become a cop again," I mutter, shaking my head as I place them in my hands.

"Neither can I, I never wanted to see him again Marley, he pulled our family apart and then ran," Mia sighs so I grab ahold of her hands as Rosa and Luka walk over and wrap their arms around Mia.

"Uncle Brian is mean Aunt Mia,," Rosa mutters as her arms wrap around Mia's neck while Luka holds her waist.

"Yes he is baby, he really hurt her, but he does love you," I tell my children who nod as Mia ties away her tears.

"Okay, so what is it that we need to do around the house?" I wonder as I look around.

"Well, I need to take a few things out to the garage that is in Letty's room, and then dinner needs to be cooked," she looks at me and I nod.

"Well, you get started on Letty's room while I get started on dinner, okay?" She nods and then walks up the stairs, I sigh and turn to my children.

"Okay, Aunt Mia is hurting a lot right now okay? Her friend Letty has died and Uncle Brian is in L.A, he really hurt Aunt Mia a few years ago and she still hates him for it, so what we are going to do is make sure that the house is neat and tidy and that you 2 are on your best behaviour, okay?" I tell them and they nod.

"Okay, go," they run off and up the stairs as I walk into the kitchen to get started on dinner.

~~~ 20 minutes later ~~~

"That was delicious Marley, where did you learn how to make that?" Mia asks as we wash and dry the dishes quietly to let Rosa and Luka sleep on the couch.

"From Nala, a good friend from Miami who used to watch the kids for me, she learnt it from her mother and then taught it to me," We finish with the dishes and as I turn around I spot the boxes full of Letty's things.

"Come on, let's let them sleep while we take Letty's things to the garage," Mia nods and we both take a box each, letting the door close behind us. We walk into the garage and put the boxes down, but as we do we hear footsteps from behind and Mia is the first one to turn around, once she sees who it is, she walks over and jumps into their arms.

"I told you not to come, they're staking the place, if they find you..." she tells him and I realise that it is Dom.

"They won't," he stops for a second.