Chapter 9

Edited

"He what?!" I look at Mia shocked the next morning after she arrives back home.

"Yeah, early this morning I got taken into the station and he got me out of it," Mia tells me and I nod.

"Okay that makes some sort of sense, but also my bother is an idiot," we both start laughing as Rosa and Luka come walking in through the door.

"Mama, Luka told me last night that we would be getting surprises this morning, what is it?" Rosa asks me and I smile at my children after I stop laughing, I spot Dom quietly walking up behind them and my smile gets bigger.

"Why don't you turn around and see?" I tell them and they look at me confused but turn around all the same.

"PAPA!!!" They both yell and jump into his arms, causing Dom to pick them up.

"Oh, I missed the both of you so much, I'm so happy to see you, I love you 2 so much," he gives them multiple kisses on the head and I can hear them start to cry, so I quickly get up and join in on the hug.

"Look at that everyone, all of us together under one roof," Mia points out and I nod.

"What about Uncle Brian?" Luka asks me and I sigh.

"He's currently at work buddy, but maybe you can see him later, okay?" Both of them nod their heads as Dom puts them back down on the ground and crouches in front of them.

"How about this... you go and get dressed and then spend the day with Aunt Mia, your mama and I have some things we need to do, okay?" He tells them, they get a giant smile on their faces and run back up the stairs in excitement.

"They have grown up so fast," Dom sighs and I nod, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I know, but they love their cars, just like the both of us, now... what is it that we need to do today?" I ask him and he sighs.

"When Mia took me to the crash site, I saw burns on the ground with some yellow powder," he looks down at me with anger in his eyes.

"So that means that the burns were made only by nitro-meth, and isn't there only one person in L.A. that sells it?" I ask him and he nods.

"We are going to see him," Dom tells me and I nod, quickly grabbing my bag and my leather jacket.

"Let's go," he nods and as we are about to walk out the door, we are stopped by the twins.

"Come back safe okay? And tells us everything at the end," Rosa tells us and I laugh, quickly walking back to kiss them each on the head.

"We will, love you!" We then walk out the door and jump into my car, me in the driver's seat and Dom in the passenger seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do we have a name?" I ask Dom as we drive down the street.

"Yeah, David Park," Dom tells me and I nod, following his instructions to get to David's house.

I finally pull up out front of David's apartment building and look over at Dom.

"Is this him?" I look over at Dom who nods.

"Stay here, I'm going to have a little talk with him," Dom quickly kisses me, pulls away, and exits the car, I then grab my book from the glove box and start reading from where I left off. 

All of a sudden a few minutes later I hear glass breaking and screaming, so I quickly put my book down and climb out of the car, looking up to see Dom holding someone out of the broken window, I quickly realize that it was David park, I laugh hearing the cries and screams coming from his lips but I stop when I see my brother running past me.