--- CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

[making a statement]

***

***

Shaylin did not think her skin could get any rawer after the shower she had on the train. Oh, but was she proven wrong. The blonde did not quite understand why she needed to be washed again, but the triplets who were part of her prep team insisted. The three girls, Claudine, Claudette, and Claudia, scrubbed any dead skin from her body, exfoliating it to an extreme. They waxed her entire body, the only hair remaining being on her head and her now carefully constructed eyebrows. After they finished their assault, Shay was moved to a chair where one of the triplets clipped away at her hair and the other two worked on her nails. Pain subsiding, the young blonde was able to examine them properly. While the three were identical, porcelain skin, doll-like features, and silver-white hair pulled into high ponytails, their outfits set them apart. Not in any drastic way, they were all wearing the same pieces, just different colors. One in purple, one in green, and one in orange, all teetering around her in sky-high metallic heels.

When they were satisfied with their work, Claudette, the green triplet, helped her to her feet and led her to a room. "Take off the dressing gown," Claudette told her. The Capitolite's voice was a soft soprano just as her sisters.

"But, then I won't have anything to wear," Shay answered, apprehensive about being nude.

"Yes," Claudette said simply, "Rezin will be able to see you better."

Realizing she had no choice in the matter, Shay sighed deeply and slowly removed the dressing gown. Claudette left without another word, leaving Shay feeling vulnerable in the cool room. The blonde sat on the table in the room, her arms crossed and her knees curled up to cover her bareness.

Only about ten minutes had passed when a new face entered the room. He was an older man, at least a decade older than Taurus, with silver hair and light tan skin. He was flamboyantly dressed in long golden robes and light makeup, accented with a blue stripe over the center of his lips. "Look what we have here," the man started. "I actually have a pretty one this year. Your partner is okay, I'm sure Karma will do alright with him, but I must say you are a gem. A diamond in the rough." Shay narrowed her eyes at him in confusion. Was she supposed to be flattered or insulted? On one hand, he called her pretty, but on the other hand, he basically said he expected her to be the opposite.

"I'm Rezin," he finally introduced.

Shay nodded in greeting, "Shaylin."

"Uh, such a pretty name," Rezin gushed. Shay decided to keep her opinions about her name to herself. Although she did not hate it, she personally thought it was a little flowery for her tastes. It is why she mostly went by Shay.