🖤4🖤

I opened the door to find Alestair on the other side, holding Mika at knifepoint. Before I could do anything, he slit his throat and-

     I screamed and sat bolt upright in bed. When my mother ran in, a worried look on her face, she found me curled into a ball, scared out of my mind. We heard banging on the door a few moments later and mom left to answer it. I could hear her talking. "Mikaela, I was just debating whether or not to go and get you," she said.

     "I heard him scream," was all Mika said, sounding worried. A moment later, he ran into my room and I threw myself into his arms, bawling my eyes out.

***

     I held Yuu in my arms as he cried. He kept repeating the same thing over and over again. "I couldn't save you."

     "Yuu-Chan, look at me," I said grabbing the sides of his face. He opened his eyes and I looked into them. "I am right here. I'm okay. You only had a bad dream. None of it's real. See," I said and took his hand, placing it on my chest, right over my heart. He calmed down soon after and sat on the edge of his bed, looking exhausted.

     I turned to walk into the hallway, but he grabbed my wrist, preventing it. "Don't leave me," he said, a pleading look in his eyes.

     "I'm just going out into the hallway to talk to your mom, I'll be right back," I said, gently squeezing his hand. He hesitantly let go of me and I went out into the hallway.

     "Is he okay?" his mom looked horrified.

     I sighed and squeezed my eyes shut. I didn't want to cry again. "Not really, no; neither of us really are," was all I got out before the tears came.

     "W-whats wrong with him?" she asked hesitantly after I had stopped crying.

     "Well, I assume he told you about everything that happened?" I asked, looking up at her from where I had sat down on the floor, against the wall.

     She nodded, before furrowing her eyebrows, "Although, I feel like he left a lot out for some reason."

     "Well did he tell you he was pretty much fine until about five months ago?" I asked.

     She looked concerned. "No, he didn't. What happened five months ago?"

     "Alestair, the man who kidnapped us, he told Yuu-Chan that if he messed up during another performance that he was going to kill me," I said, and she gasped. "After that, he had a serious panic attack and cried himself to sleep. The next day, we were late for the concert because he had another panic attack in the bathroom. Alestair beat me to the point I couldn't walk, and he made Yuu-Chan watch. He hasn't been the same since that night. He gets random panic attacks and has nightmares almost every night. He can't handle talking to people  for extended periods of time, and he doesn't smile anymore, if he does it's always fake."

     "Why wouldn't he tell me any of this?" His mother seemed to be in a state if shock.

     "He probably didn't want you to worry, that's why he wouldn't tell me what Alestair said at first. He didn't want to worry me, said that I had enough of my own problems and didn't need to worry about his too, but I do. I'm always worried about him, whether he knows it or not," I said.

     "Mika?" Yuu called, cutting our conversation short.

     "Just a sec," I said, before standing up and giving his mom a hug. I then went back into his bedroom and shut the door.