Chapter 1

Lynn POV

I hear yelling from downstairs. Again. I sigh and walk over to the mirror just to look at my ugly fat body. There's too much fat on my thighs and stomach, my hair is the wrong colour and my eyes are too small. I feel worthless. All the time. And every time I feel that suffocating sadness, I just go to my blade. Just like right now. I walk to the small bathroom we all share and take my razor blades out of the hiding spot. I slide my thumb over the sharp cold blade and without thinking twice, press it against my wrist. I lost track of how many cuts I have made a long time ago, the only thing I know for sure is that I deserve the pain and the sight of blood calms me down. I sigh quietly and put my blades back. I clean the cuts and pull on a long sleeve shirt. After that I go back to my room.

My room is super small, I can barely take three steps in it. The only things I own are my phone and a couple outfits. It doesn't bother me tho, even if I can't live out my passion for fashion in real life, I still have my fantasy.

Right now it's Friday afternoon, which means I just came from school. I hate it. Not for the learning part, but for the bullies. Everyone hates me in there and I don't have a single person who cares about me in the whole world.

I put on a playlist of Lady Gaga on my phone and allow myself to dance around in my room. Her music always makes me so happy. And I love her for everything she's done for the world, she's just THE BEST.

A couple hours later I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I panick and turn the music off just as my father walks in. He hates Lady Gaga and her music with his whole heart. "Can't you listen to good music at least? If you have to blast it so loud that the entire street can hear it," he says angrily and comes closer to me. His breath reeks of alcohol as he starts to talk to me again: "I heard you failed a test again. GETTING A GRADE B IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN THIS HOUSE!" I start sowly backing down but he quickly grabs my wrist and twists it. I let out a small cry because it hurts like hell, but he doesn't even notice. Only makes the pain worse by punching me in the face with his other hand. I whimper. He's so strong, I can't even get my wrist free, not to mention fighting my way out. Without saying anything he just beats me. He hits every part of my body until I fall to the ground and start crying. Seeing that he has won he smiles and says:"Let this be a lesson." With that same smile still plastered on his face, he walks out the door. My whole body is in so much pain I can't even move. So I just fall asleep on the floor, crying. Maybe that's where I belong; on the ground, kneeling at other people's feet.

When I wake up the next morning, the house is quiet. At least my parents are still asleep. I try to get up and after a few tries, succeed. My whole body still radiates in pain and when I lift up my shirt a little, I can see new bruises forming.

I have to get out of here, it's already 10.00 but my parents usually sleep till noon, so I should have time. I quickly put on some clothes and try to hide the fresh bruise forming on my jaw. I grab my phone and quickly run down the stairs, out the door.

Once I'm outside, I run as fast as I can. I run a few blocks and then look back, I have a sneaking suspicion that someone is following me. I look over my shoulder, not seeing what's in front of me, so I bump into a woman. We both fall to the ground. The woman gets up first and offers me a hand. "Are you okay sweetie?" She asks softly. I'm not, but I nod anyways and get up. Her voice was so familiar though. And now that I look up, I recognize her face too. THIS IS LADY FUCKING GAGA. MY IDOL. Suddenly I feel like I can't breathe and start shaking. I can't believe it's really her. "What's wrong?" Her face looks worried. "Y-you're Lady G-Gaga," I studder. She lets out a small laugh and wraps me in her arms. "I know honey."