Chapter 6

Gaga POV

I drift off to sleep and the last thing I hear, is Lynn's steady breathing.

I wake up at someone screaming. I quickly get up from the couch and walk to the bed. In horror I quickly realize that the scream came from Lynn. She's still sleeping, but crying and screaming. I try to wake her up by shaking her and calling out her name. I'm really scared for her. I don't even want to think about what she might be seeing.

To my relief she at last opens her eyes. "What is it baby?" I ask her softly. "I-it's him," she sobs. I want to kill him. I want to kill anyone that has ever hurt her. "It's okay now baby, you're safe," I whisper. In a little time her breathing slows down and she stops sobbing. She lays back on the bed and looks at me. Her eyes are sad. For a second I think about going back to the couch, but then I realize I couldn't leave her alone with the threat of another nightmare. So I just lay down next to her and put my arm around her. "I love you," is the last thing I say.

I wake up to hearing someone's footsteps. I open my eyes to see Lynn walking around in the room. I smile to myself, but stay quiet, letting her look around by herself.

Her eyes soon land on the piano that stands in the corner of the room. She then sits behind it and slides her fingers over the keys. Don't tell me she plays the piano too, she's just so perfect.

She starts playing and I'm left in awe. I never thought "Dope" could be played so beautifully on the piano. She starts singing and I'm Just left in awe. Her voice is angelic, she gives such soul to the song. I thought I was the only one that could play it like that.

I get up from the bed and start walking towards her, wanting to get closer to her voice. It almost feels like a dream.

By the time she finishes, I see tears streaming down her cheeks. "That was beautiful," I say, walking closer to her and finally sitting down next to her. I suddenly feel stinging in my eyes, I didn't even notice I started crying. She looks at me with tears glistering  in her eyes and just wraps her arms around me. I quickly hug her back and rest my chin on top of her head.

After a while she lets go of me and reaches  the top of the piano to pick up some notes. As she does so, her sleeve slides down her hand, revealing her arm. I see her arm for the first time and let out an involuntary gasp. Her hand is covered in cuts, red lines going in all directions, everywhere. The pain she must be in, to hurt herself in such a bizarre way just leaves me speechless. All I can really think is that, I could never let her go and do that again. Because I love her. It's almost like I can feel her pain.

I start crying again and pull her into a tight hug. She immediately hugs me back and rests her head on my shoulder. "Never do that again," I sob against her neck. She turns her head to look at me and in her eyes there's nothing but hatred, not against me, but against herself. The look she gives me already breaks my heart, but what terrifies me the most are her next words. "I make no promises," she whispers softly with sadness in her voice and eyes. I frown. "Well, I promise I'm gonna try and help you through this," I say with a tone of certainty in my voice. I already love this girl so much, I just can't see her hurting herself.

She shrugs and turns back to the piano. As the first few notes of "Princess Die" play I feel an urge to make her stop. This song always cuts me deep and with her singing it...it would be a lot to take. But I can't stop her. I find myself mesmerized by her vocals and the way her fingers so effortlessly press the keys.

She doesn't cry anymore. I know that feeling that's reflecting on her face. A sadness too deep for tears

When she finishes, she lets her head fall into her hands for a second before looking up at me with no expression and mumbling:"I have to go to the bathroom." Before I can say or do anything she quickly gets up and leaves. I feel so sad, but for the first time in my life I don't feel alone. When I'm with her it's like I've found the part of me that's been missing for 14 years.

I'm stuck in my thoughts until I remember that I left my razors in the bathroom. I rush to the door and knock on it. No answer. I try to open the door, but it's locked. "Are you okay?" I sound desperate. And honestly, I am. "I'm fine, just go away," I hear her sobbing from inside. "Let me in," I demand her, but I grt no answer, only more sobbing and a quickly muffled scream. At this point I start hitting the door, desperately trying to open it. All I can think is that I can't lose her.

I hit my shoulder really hard at the door and it finally blasts open. All I can see is her, sitting with her back against the bathtub and her hands around her knees. I step closer and notice that her hands are covered with blood and it's slowly dripping on the floor. At first I'm too shocked to move. I just look at her eyes and see no expression. She's not sorry for what she did to herself, she's sorry that she made me sad and there's something so disturbing about that. I kneel down beside her and pull her into my arms. She doesn't say anything, she just cries against my shoulder. "I'm gonna keep my promise," I whisper softly to her ear.

Author's note

Ha-Yo! See what I did there?😂 I hope you enjoyed this chapter even tho it was kinda boring, it's gonna get better, I promise. Also thank you to everyone that's still reading this story, it means a lot. XOXO